Hi guys,

I am looking for an od pedal. I want to use it as a boost.
Im using a rockerverb 50 combo. I am lead guitarist in a coverband, we play mostly hardrock like, ac/dc, Gnr and Bon Jovi.

What od pedal do you guys suggest?
I was thinking somthing like the ocd fulltone?

Budget = €180~

Thanks
Gear:

-Gibson Les Paul 2008 standard
-MIA Fender sunburst
-Orange Rockerverb C
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Roland 30x
-Line 6 pod x3
I just got my first tube screamer. It works great, but I prefer it more to drive the amp harder rather than a boost.
For a boost I use an EQ pedal with the mids and level boosted. It really cuts through the band nicely.
We do the same type of music as you.
Just a thought.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
Ibanez JetDriver
Quote by TornUp
I just got my first tube screamer. It works great, but I prefer it more to drive the amp harder rather than a boost.

isn't that what a boost is?

anyway, regarding the ocd, i haven't tried it, but i've tried a clone, and if you ask me it works better as a standalone od into a clean amp than as a boost (that also seems to be the consensus from people who have tried it, though obviously I can't speak for every person in the world who's tried an OCD, lol, plus you'll always get someone who disagrees). it'll work at a pinch- but if you go in knowing you want a boost, it makes more sense, imo, to get something which is known to work well as a boost- e.g. something tubescreamer-based (if that's not too dark with your orange... it may be).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I havent tried an OCD yet, but a buddy of mine said the same, the OCD works better as a stand-alone overdrive.

I personally use an ISP Fetish overdrive to boost my 5150, it works nearly like a tubescreamer, and it barely cuts any low end, plus, it has a FAT knob that allows you to dial in some extra low end, and it worked like a charm on my old ENGL Screamer combo, though muds up my 5150, since the 5150 has shitloads of low end.

Would probably work pretty nicely with your rockerverb.
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*
Quote by Dave_Mc
isn't that what a boost is?

anyway, regarding the ocd, i haven't tried it, but i've tried a clone, and if you ask me it works better as a standalone od into a clean amp than as a boost (that also seems to be the consensus from people who have tried it, though obviously I can't speak for every person in the world who's tried an OCD, lol, plus you'll always get someone who disagrees). it'll work at a pinch- but if you go in knowing you want a boost, it makes more sense, imo, to get something which is known to work well as a boost- e.g. something tubescreamer-based (if that's not too dark with your orange... it may be).

the OCD doesn't work aswell as a boost as it does as an 'amp in the box'

the OCD adds too much flavor to every amp i have tried it on, and it takes away some of the natural tone, and mixes in the flavor. the only amp it did okay with oddly enough was my Renegade.

as far as OD's go, i have a BBE screamer that i think does quite well, definitely equal to or better than the ibanez tubescreamers on the market. another option would be to get a Visual sound OD pedal. it likely isn't the best in terms of an OD pedal in comparison to others out there, but it is BBP and has one of the the best buffers on the market. iwould only do this with a medium sized or big pedal board, if you don't already have a buffer.

i would love to try a Fulltone Fat Boost. i have seen some pretty cool demos of them and have been quite impressed. i am not positive it will do everything you are looking to do as i haven't messed with one, but check out the demos.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
For just a straight up boost/solo boost I'd say Digitech Bad Monkey.
Cheap, solid built, does the job, nice and transparent sounding as a boost, 2-band EQ if you need a bit more bite or body to your lead tone.