Basically, could I take the blue notes out of this tab and still have it sounding good? I'm having a lot of trouble with the 4 note chords.

||--^10--------------|-(10)-----------------|
||o-^10--------------|-(10)-----------------|
||--^11--------------|-(11)-----------------|
||--^[color="Blue"]12[/COLOR]--------------|-(12)-----------------|
||o------------------|----------------------|
||-------------------|----------------------|

|-^-8-------------|-10p8-----------------|
|-^-8-------------|--------8-(8)--(8)\---|
|-^-9-------------|----------------------|
|-^[color="Blue"]10[/COLOR]-------------|----------------------|
|-----------------|----------------------|
|-----------------|----------------------|

|-3-------------|--3------3-(3)------|-2--------------2-|-3p2------(2)------|
|-3-------------|-----3---------3----|-3--------------3-|-3-----------------|
|-0-------------|-------0---------0--|-2--------------2-|-2-----------------|
|-[color="Blue"]5[/COLOR]-------------|--------------------|-[color="Blue"]0[/COLOR]--------------[color="Blue"]0[/COLOR]-|-[color="Blue"]0[/COLOR]-----------------|
|---------------|--------------------|------------------|-------------------|
|---------------|--------------------|------------------|-------------------|
Quote by tappooh
on the other thread you basically said that slash sucks, then why do you even bother learning this garbage?

Slash sucks, period. I suck at guitar, period. This song is easy, impresses people and sounds good, period. Now help me please.
You could take them out, but you'd be cheating yourself.

The first two are just barre chords so rather than working out some odd fingering simply hold down an E shape barre chord but don't play all the notes. The next one you can probably get away with as it's just doubling up the same note, and finally I really doubt you're actually struggling with the open D chord
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You could take them out, but you'd be cheating yourself.

The first two are just barre chords so rather than working out some odd fingering simply hold down an E shape barre chord but don't play all the notes. The next one you can probably get away with as it's just doubling up the same note, and finally I really doubt you're actually struggling with the open D chord

That 3-3-0-5 chord is evil, and yeh you're playing the same note on the 5 right?
I wouldn't take away those notes.. playing it without sounds incomplete.. And they're not that hard.. just put a little more effort in and you'll be done in an hour.
Quote by Privet Tovarish
Slash sucks, period. I suck at guitar, period. This song is easy, impresses people and sounds good, period. Now help me please.

UG delivers once again!
Quote by Privet Tovarish

GTFO?

You troll.
Playing the 5th fret on the D is the same as open G, so you don't actually need to play it.
Quote by Privet Tovarish
That 3-3-0-5 chord is evil, and yeh you're playing the same note on the 5 right?

that is a fiddly one, the 5 is there more for timing purposes as the chord is strummed fairly slowly, without it that chord will be shorter than the others unless you delay the rest of the chord after the first G note.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
that is a fiddly one, the 5 is there more for timing purposes as the chord is strummed fairly slowly, without it that chord will be shorter than the others unless you delay the rest of the chord after the first G note.

I see, guess i'll deal with it then
Quote by Robfreitag
I would defiantly leave them in. just stick at it and you'll get it.

I might have a break from this song, come back and ace these chords. After this verse its just the solo and I'll have the song down.
I really don't see what the problem is with those chords, for the first shape:

E||-10-
B||-10-
G||-11-
D||-12-
A||----
E||----

12th fret with the ring finger, 11th fret with the middle finger and the two 10s barred with the index (only forming a barre across the two highest strings - no fretting the G string).
Your second problem chord can be done with the same finger formation just two frets down.
The third problem chord is, again, the same formation minus the middle finger.

I really can't understand why those chords would cause you problems :s
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
I really don't see what the problem is with those chords, for the first shape:

E||-10-
B||-10-
G||-11-
D||-12-
A||----
E||----

12th fret with the ring finger, 11th fret with the middle finger and the two 10s barred with the index (only forming a barre across the two highest strings - no fretting the G string).
Your second problem chord can be done with the same finger formation just two frets down.
The third problem chord is, again, the same formation minus the middle finger.

I really can't understand why those chords would cause you problems :s

Chords are hard for me, I dont know what it is. Maybe I should've practiced them more at the start.
you should probably learn to barre before assuming youre in any position to diss other peoples' playing. those are extremely simple barre chords. i learned those... right after learning the non-barre chords! but waaay before i attempted learning GNR songs. i guess i have common sense.

heres the order of guitar evolution. just in case you didnt know...
learn chords
learn barre chords
NOW learn songs
practice
Talk shit about other guitarists(Last on the List!)
Quote by ciano16
you should probably learn to barre before assuming youre in any position to diss other peoples' playing. those are extremely simple barre chords. i learned those... right after learning the non-barre chords! but waaay before i attempted learning GNR songs. i guess i have common sense.

heres the order of guitar evolution. just in case you didnt know...
learn chords
learn barre chords
NOW learn songs
practice
Talk shit about other guitarists(Last on the List!)

Hmm guess it's really awkward then that I learnt the rest of this "incredibly hard" song, guess I'm just that good.

Oh and the order of evolution according to who sweetie?
Quote by Privet Tovarish
Hmm guess it's really awkward then that I learnt the rest of this "incredibly hard" song, guess I'm just that good.

Oh and the order of evolution according to who sweetie?

Lol. i never said this song was hard. This song is pretty easy. Youre just jumping the gun. youre having trouble with what should be one of the easiest parts of the song.
Also if you only want to impress people just play the intro, everyone knows that way more than they know the rest of the song.
Quote by MegadethFan18
Also if you only want to impress people just play the intro, everyone knows that way more than they know the rest of the song.

Yeh man I've learnt that and the chorus, might leave it at that.
Quote by ciano16
Lol. i never said this song was hard. This song is pretty easy. Youre just jumping the gun. youre having trouble with what should be one of the easiest parts of the song.

So what? Everyone has weaknesses. I have chord troubles, you could have trouble with the rest of the song which I find much easier personally. Placing 4 fingers at the same time across strings is much harder than switching between and bending single notes for me.
Quote by Privet Tovarish
So what? Everyone has weaknesses. I have chord troubles, you could have trouble with the rest of the song which I find much easier personally. Placing 4 fingers at the same time across strings is much harder than switching between and bending single notes for me.

I'd LOVE to hear your version some day...
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by W4T3V3R
I'd LOVE to hear your version some day...

I'll put one up later on, you'll notice I play the verse worse than anything, and also put in the most concentration haha
In all seriousness a video or mp3 is always worth posting, sure people will pick holes in it but if there's weaknesses you weren't aware of you'll be in a better position to put them right.

That's if you want to...for example I can't sweep pick for shit, and I'm really not that bothered.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Privet Tovarish

I have killed people for less
i see no harm in doing that and looking at fitting the extra note in when you get better at chords...which is something you should work on as it's a weakness you can improve on.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
i see no harm in doing that and looking at fitting the extra note in when you get better at chords...which is something you should work on as it's a weakness you can improve on.

It's so hard man, like you have to stretch your pinky heaps and I always end up muting the G string :S hopefully it shouldnt matter too much
A chord like that is going to be tricky if you have smaller hands, I'd barre the two strings at the 3rd fret and use the for the 5th as it's longer and easier to hold clear of the other strings.

...and if you think that's hard have a look at the intro to Mr Brightside by the Killers. It sounds like it'd be the easiest thing in the world but I'm still not convinced fingers are meant to bend like that.

I've had 3 hours sleep and I feel like death...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Privet Tovarish
It's so hard man, like you have to stretch your pinky heaps and I always end up muting the G string :S hopefully it shouldnt matter too much

No you don't, I don't involve the pinky in any of those chords. Barre the high E and B strings with your index finger and use your ring finger to fret the G string. I have tiny 10 year old girl hands and I have absolutely no problem playing it that way.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Privet Tovarish
Basically, could I take the blue notes out of this tab and still have it sounding good? I'm having a lot of trouble with the 4 note chords.

Well, go ahead, play.
If it sounds good, then it sounds good.
You don't have to ask the Internet to make sure it sounds good.
LOL.

Hope that answers the question.
METAL!