Greetings,

I have recently bought my first electric guitar the ibanez XP300FX and its amazing along with a Laney LX12 amp.
and im looking forward to get the digitech rp70. i'll be playing power metal and melodic death and metalcore...so rp70 users do u have any advice?
Quote by glamourkilledme
Get a better amp first.

"I have recently bought my first electric guitar the ibanez XP300FX and its amazing along with a Laney LX12 amp."

The dude just bought this, why would he turn around and go buy a better amp?
Quote by Steve 'O
Greetings,

I have recently bought my first electric guitar... ...i'll be playing power metal and melodic death and metalcore

Full respect for being ambitious dude! I would really work on technique and enjoy what you have for the moment, that way when you have been playing a bit longer you will be sure about what kind of tone you prefer, and which direction to go when upgrading your gear. What did you want advice on, the rp70?
Quote by glamourkilledme
Get a better amp first.

would you lend me some money?!
the clean channel on this amp is terrific so i'll use this pedal along with the clean channel of the amp
Quote by ragingben
Full respect for being ambitious dude! I would really work on technique and enjoy what you have for the moment, that way when you have been playing a bit longer you will be sure about what kind of tone you prefer, and which direction to go when upgrading your gear. What did you want advice on, the rp70?

i've played classic before but was eager to upgrade to electric:P and i have been practicing for a month with my private teacher(a friend from a band:P) and my progress is fast due to my classic experience:P and i mostly listen to park waydrive, all that remains, children of bodom.killwitch engage.... so do you think the rp70 would do the job?
it will do the job just as long as you understand that it will give you an ok at best sound (but suitable for a beginner) don't expect to nail any those guys tones and you will be fine.

it's almost the law in this section of the forum to say get a new amp. bear in mind that your amp probably won't seem as awesome by this time next year.
Quote by monwobobbo
it will do the job just as long as you understand that it will give you an ok at best sound (but suitable for a beginner) don't expect to nail any those guys tones and you will be fine.

it's almost the law in this section of the forum to say get a new amp. bear in mind that your amp probably won't seem as awesome by this time next year.

dude i dnt mean by awesome that its the best amp out there...i knw that mine is a faily good amp not a perfect one but the thing is i wasn't able to afford a better amp so im really pleased with what i currently have....my brother's friend offered me a used line 6 uber metal distortion effects pedal for 80$ and the rp70(new) is for 100$... so what do u think should i get?:P my teacher convinced me to get the rp70 since it would be more fun to play using the several effects ...
so what do u people think?:P
def go for the rp70
Gear:

Schecter Jeff Loomis 7-String
Engl Savage 120
Maxon OD-808
Harley benton 2x12 v30's
Bugera 333
Bugera 6260
Get the rp155. It sounds better and has more features. You can find it for around $90 new.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by monwobobbo

this time tomorrow if you hang about on this forum till then
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A new amp would be good, but since you just bought one...
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Get the rp155. It sounds better and has more features. You can find it for around $90 new.

in my country it would cost 200$:P
Quote by Steve 'O
in my country it would cost 200$:P

it's almost law for everyone on ug to assume everyone on the internet is american =P

but the rp70 would be perfect for a beginner, but the very cheapest way to get a swedish/melodic death sound is to get the Behringer hm300... it's a cheap copy of the boss heavy metal pedal, which is the pedal of choice for all them swedes
Dream rig:
Marshall JCM900 Amp
Boss Fender 65 dlx reverb pedal
Noise gate
MXR EQ
Boss Dynamic wah
Boss Harmonist
Ibanez Echo/delay
Dean Custom 350
Dean XMNT V-shape
Quote by Steve 'O
Greetings,

I have recently bought my first electric guitar the ibanez XP300FX and its amazing along with a Laney LX12 amp.
and im looking forward to get the digitech rp70. i'll be playing power metal and melodic death and metalcore...so rp70 users do u have any advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_NgCptss1o&NR=1
IMHO, use the amp effects till you can afford hi-end shit.

Also this:
Quote by ragingben
I would really work on technique

Remember that playing songs != improving, AT ALL.