Been playing guitar 8 years now, and FINALLY I've actually got round to recording some original music. It's on my profile
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MetalCommand/

Let's see what you think, feedback on the music and the mix/ production welcome. And I'll C4C you back

EDIT: you also can listen on YouTube now if you prefer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy4LjF7taWY
Last edited by MetalCommand at Jul 31, 2011,
Nice barrage.
You've got the chops.
Now step back and breathe. That's what will distinguish you from 10,000 other guys.
Find a vocalist who can really sing, and who has something to say, and let it happen.
Sounds like dragonforce! I'm liking the acoustic guitar in the intro, and the medieval/celtic/whatever parts you've thrown in, though I feel that the song would be really unique and cool if you developed the celtic thing a bit more and made it more prominent.

It sounds like you're picking too hard on the acoustic and a lot of the notes sound "clipped" if you know what I mean. Also, what's the deal with the abrupt end? It sounded like you arbitrarily cut off a longer track at the 3 minute mark and left it that way.

Anyways, pretty solid performance. Keep up the good work!

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461784
Wow this awesome, Riffs are awesome, playing is super tight. Lead sounds really, REALLY intense. Song writing on this i probably like the most, it kept my attention the entire time. Nice work and keep writing this intense stuff. =D
Writing as I listen:
Your picking and shredding are tight as balls. Center Guitar could be a little louder, as could the bass. Loved the acoustic portions. The riffs are freaking awesome. Definitely in the power metal vein, but not all-out like DragonForce, 'cause I can still hear a stronger thrash influence. (btw I like your solo work better than anything Herman Li has dumped in my ears) The snare could use a little more volume and punch for that extra oomph (if that's EzDrummer I know that's not the easiest thing to do). Freaking great!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465800
HERE WE GO. The drums are a very fun pattern and the recording is top notch production. The guitar could use just a slight more gumption in volume I think.

The progression of this is REALLY AWESOME THOUGh I feel like I'm on a dragon made of MANY SMALLER dragons . I have to praise for your attention to details and keeping things FRESHER THAN THE PRODUCE SECTION of the market. The TRIPLETS you throw in are really awesome, if this had VOCALS you'd FOR SURE get attention very fast. Amazing!!! BE PROUD

return the luv, my bruv

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466029

sub on the YT and they will too
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Its actually really awesome lol, When you said 8 years I guess I prepared myself for a longer song :P i was dissapointed with myself when I realized it was 3 min. Great Playing, great recording, but I'm sure you already knew that :P My only complaint is the drums, I think you might have to re-EQ it, its not bad bet you can tell that they are virtual and you can make it sound a bit less muddy. Otherwise great job man, for your first song, its mroe then great!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464548
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Cool vibe for the actual music. Awesome and fast playing! As far as the mix goes, the drums sound over-compressed and they are pumping a lot. The guitars are kind of thin but it works pretty well for this style.

As C4C, post something up on my band's facebook page if you wouldn't mind and check out our song! http://www.facebook.com/BarrierHardcore
Thanks for the crit, and btw those drums were just midi converted to wav... very big mistake haha especially since now I own DFH and know how to use it pretty well. Thanks for the reference anyhow

nice leads! That acoustic brings the whole song up a couple notches, sounds all folk-like. The drum programming is good, it compliments the song. But your an "ace" guitar player haha you're riffs are legit dude keep this up. There wasn't one part in this I got bored or thought of anything to improve it. except maybe getting a full band to record it with haha! That would definitely be sick and I'm sure it'd make it's mark 10/10
Last edited by touke at Aug 1, 2011,
It's pretty impressive. It has a dragonforce feel to it, to me. Nice work on integrating the clean parts with the heavy ones. Also what did you use for the drums?
This amazing, when I grow up I wanna be like you - a kick-a$$ guitarist.

Thanks for giving my song a listen, really appreciate it.
Pretty cool song, man. Not really my kind of thing normally, but you definitely have skill!

I really dig the more classical sounding parts with the acoustic, gives a nice contrast to the rest of the song that's pretty frantic

As far as the mix goes - The bass could be a bit louder, same with the acoustic. Other than that, I think the rest of the song meshes well together; SSD always slices through like a knife, so no complaints there!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dude holy shit this is epic, very tight playing and the acoustic passages are great, love the vibe, makes me think of Iron Maiden but alot heavier.
recording quality is great, tones are good too.
If you ever put out a EP or album i'll be the first in line.
Great job man keep it up!
Wow, the whole track is just unrelenting. I love it! All of the instruments seem well mixed, and the acoustic really fills it out nicely. I'm going to keep watching this space now.
Check out my Black/Death metal band!
galadh.bandcamp.com

Quote by StewieSwan
I had unprotected sex with an underage, pro-life, christian girl. Beat that.

This is awesome, it reminds me of Ensiferum and other folk metal bands from Scandinavia (did I spell it right?)

At first I thought the acoustic didn't really fit in well enough, but that was only for the first acoustic part. After that it fit perfectly. Otherwise the song was great, I can imagine some Enfiferum like vocals going on (although it might not be your style)

In terms of audio quality, it was pretty good. My only complaint is that the lead guitar didn't stand out enough, at some parts it was hard to hear and blended with the rhythm guitar. Other than that it was good. Good job!

As for the C4C, just click on the link in my sig and leave a comment if you like what you see on any of my vids.
Totally screams Ensiferum at me! I love the folky type feel you have going, and really skilled guitar playing. If there was anything I didn't like it was the breakdown-y thing just before the solo. Overall awesome sound though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSz4u9K3ios C4C
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Holy crap this has to be one of the best UGer songs I've ever heard
You mixed power metal with folk metal, and that my good sir is what I love! Sick song man, loved the accoustic stuff and the overall folk feeling. I'd love to hear this with vocals, you need to record this with a band. I DEMAND you notify my when you record this with a band OR you make a new song!

Here's my band's stuff to crit
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27845476#post27845476

PS. Remember, I DEMAND to hear more!
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Holy balls. This kicks ass on every. single. level.

At first I was put off by the slightly muddy sound (hard to tell apart the different guitar parts), but then I was immediately surprised by the skill and creativity in this piece.

I have nothing else to criticise, this is incredibly impressive.
I was gonna do a C4C...but... Wow...I don't even...

Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
I was quite impressed by this. Everything sounded nice and clean, it had nice professional "glossy" sound to it. The composition is nice as well.

Can't really say too much bad about it. The rhythm guitars sounded slighty weaker on some parts towards the end of the song.

Get some vocals and maybe some keys!
Shit dude, this song is great. I love the power metal vibe you have going on here. Also, I love how it keeps you guessing and changes up a lot. The only advice I have is to work on the acoustic tone. It's not clear enough in that first part that it pops up and it's being picked fast. Too much bass in it.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469455

Also I subscribed to you on youtube, if you like my song please feel free to do the same
Very viking metal-ish. Triplets are absolutely insane. That lead is awesome. Love it the short bursts of acoustic guitar. riffs at 1:15 and on are awesome, nice transition into 4/4. The ending is sssiiiick with the acoustic and lead guitar intertwining. Overall sickk shit, keep it up!
Hey man,
Not really I crit, but I often lurk on these forums just to listen what people are up to. I clicked on your track and just had a HUGE wave of nostalgia from when I was teen listening to metal and being obsessed with CoB!

Thanks man, awesome song, love the acoustic bits and the melody in general
(also you have ridiculous skills!)
Woah!!!!! Very tight and tidy sound. I really liked the lead guitar, great scales and transitions.
That sure is a pain in the ass to tab, for sure.
Are you playing on adding vocals?
The drums were OK.
Really loved the groove you made with that flow at the end with those acoustic guitars...

Please, have a look on my video, and if you will, leave a comment at it?
Thanks man!
Space Pyramid

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by MrArarat
Woah!!!!! Very tight and tidy sound. I really liked the lead guitar, great scales and transitions.
That sure is a pain in the ass to tab, for sure.
Are you playing on adding vocals?
The drums were OK.
Really loved the groove you made with that flow at the end with those acoustic guitars...

Please, have a look on my video, and if you will, leave a comment at it?
Thanks man!
Space Pyramid

Thanks for the crit.
I'm planning on keeping it as an instumental, I think there's enough going on it.
And I've left a comment on youtube for you
That was fun. I like folk and metal but I'm not familiar with any mixing of the two, so this sounded totally fresh to me. This one would really get a crowd going. I really like the sound of acoustic and electric together done in this way. It takes a couple of listens to get all the riffs, there are so many, but that rewards repeat listenings so is a good thing.