Well, I've saved up and I was going to buy the Epiphone Prophecy les paul ex but I read in a lot of places that the esp ec 1000 is better
but for some reason in europe its about £900 whereas i've seen it in american stores for £500, but anyway, I read up on alternatives to the ec1000 and came across the ec401 (olympic white) and read that they're more or less the same guitar.
so basically what i'm asking is is the 401 good for a range of music such as A day to remember, metallica, enter shikari, trivium and parkway drive?

What are your opinions on the 401 v the prophecy v the ec1000 (the 1000 will be hard for me to afford!)
and also for the style of music I play would the EMGs be okay or would it be worth replacing them with seymour duncans, as i've seen a lot of players use duncans instead of the EMGs.

thanks! )
Last edited by newmong at Jul 29, 2011,
oh and i currently have a roland cube 60 (not having luck with any nice sounds atm), possibly upgrading near december and i have a marshall 50 at my disposal. so any upgrades on a roland cube?
does it have to be a single cut? you're right, LTD isn't great value in europe and there are often better-value alternatives, but they might be double-cuts.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Now to make your desicion a bit harder...
Ibanez Arz800.

Emg 81/60
Mahogany body, quilt maple top
Mahogany/ maple 3 peice set neck
Some kinda Tom bridge with locks.

Check one out. Its upper register access puts the ltd you mentioned to shame.
A few pics and a short review here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461210&page=3&pp=20

As far as the emgs go its really personal preference. Some people love em, some hate em. I like my 81/85 set, think 81/60 sounds better but by far like my dimarzios better.
The ARZ800 is a good choice as well. ^

And let me just tell you real quick. Its an LTD EC-1000. Not ESP. Not.
Where's Waldo?
sorry about the esp mix up
I don't know i've always been a bit sceptical about buying on ebay, it may just me being silly but how come it's so cheap on ebay? :\
I've been on about 20 websites around the uk and ec-1000s are all from 750-1034
And about the single cut, its just a preferance i think they look beautiful haha, im really open to suggestions! I seem to have a love for white guitars, been admiring the ssb 1000 though!

never really looked into used guitar sales, knowing my luck i'll end up getting ripped off or something but ill definately look into it,
ebay's just one of those things... you might be fine, you might not. Obviously doing as much research as possible will minimise your chances of being ripped off, but if someone's intent upon ripping you off...

washburn x50pro would be worth a look if you can still find one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you realise they're based in america, right? that means $125 postage, and VAT and customs on top of that (~25% of the total price including postage).

probably not worth it, in other words.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i didnt even take into consideration customs and vat, its about £800+ in uk stores though :/

do you know why its so expensive in uk compared to us?
variety of reasons... we get ripped, us is a bigger market so they need to make less profit per item (plus there's more competition), us has no (or not as much, depending on state) sales taxes, probably lower income taxes, etc. etc.

might be worth checking thomann. sometimes their ltd prices are a bit cheaper than the uk
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
on there now, around £800 seems to be cheapest, the white is discontinued in most places so i might end up paying an extra £30 for that finish (it's too nice!).
did a duty/customs generator and itll be about £123 apparentley for an electric guitar in a hardcase, but like you said it seems like more hassle than it's worth \;
yeah the big problem is if anything goes wrong

that's not to say importing is never worth it... but you need to do the sums first.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yep, knowing my luck something will happen, it would be easier if i payed the £800 in uk then ive also got warranty etc.
Now im looking around guitars under the £800 range, having a look at a few schecters but need to see if a £650 guitar is miles off the standard off an ec-1000 and if it is then it would be worth saving up a bit more (if that makes sense haha)
it just depends. while (unless you get a killer deal on something which is meant to be more expensive) a £200 guitar isn't going to be as good as an £800 one, all things being equal, you can't go 100% on price either. some things are dearer in certain countries, etc. etc. so you can't just assume that a cheaper guitar is necessarily worse.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?