I have an epiphone les paul, and I really like it but its causing me nothing but trouble and the latest problem is one I've never heard of before.

I was playing guitar last night, unplugged and after maybe 30mins, a strange watery warble-y chorus-y echo started coming from my guitar, sounded like a subtle effect from a pedal but I wasnt plugged in to anything at all.

Ever heard of that? What happened to it?
I can take it to the workshop next week but had to ask if any of you had heard of this before.
I have never heard of this but don't take anything I say as expert advice. It could possibly be the cable. Something in the wiring could be affecting the signal. There's also a chance that something is going on with the wiring in your amp. Just some thoughts. Good luck!
You'll never be the man your mother was.

I get a little depressed when I see vintage guitars in glass cases in restaurants. They’re like little tombs, you know?
Identify the problem. Try a different cable in your amp, try the same cable in a different amp, try your guitar in a new amp/cable. See what the problem could be coming from. Probably loose wiring in something.
Upon further review, I see evidence of aliens using your guitar for sonic experiments.
You'll never be the man your mother was.

I get a little depressed when I see vintage guitars in glass cases in restaurants. They’re like little tombs, you know?
Quote by Braylon G.
Upon further review, I see evidence of aliens using your guitar for sonic experiments.

best thread reply i've seen in a long time xD

also on topic: maybe it was just a couple of strings were slightly out of tune and thus caused this weird effect???
that's just me stabbing in the dark, i really have no idea and have never experienced this myself.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Your guitar is possessed! God help you!
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Maybe something inside of the guitar is vibrating at the same frequency as the notes you are playing, which would produce another source of sound coming from the guitar.
My strat does this, but that's from the springs on the bridge claw. It's cool huh? Your probably right aobut it being sound cancellation.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I've noticed if I have a fan on around my Razorback it kinda does this through the Dimebucker when I'm not playing anything, but it has a Floyd and yours doesn't. And you said it was unplugged? I honestly have no idea. If it's only happened once I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I wonder if something is resonating on the guitar?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Check for other things that give of noise like fans and even tv's. Often times, if the frequency matches, like the frequency of a G note and that of the buzz coming from a tv, a fan, or literally anything that emits a sound, you'll hear a weird warble as the pitches come close to one another whether your plugged in or not. Believe it or not, the hard drive in my macbook often spins and comes through my amp via the pickup and makes my B notes warble weirdly. Anything can do it... take it in a different room or something... if it still does it, then perhaps it has been taken control of by a poltergeist of some sort and you should immediately dispose of it with a combination of fire and an aerosol spray of your choosing.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Funniest thread I've read in a while! Cheers! Are you sure he doesn't have the Oijia board guitar?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Thanks for all your replies, some were pretty funny, i even got one from a guy called jesus saying 'god help you'. It cant be two strings being out of tune because it happens even when you play a single note. tried in a different room today, still does it, also, there are no fans in my house and nothing was on in my room, my tv etc was off, so it must be either what zincabopataurio said, or it is infact aliens, hehe. Im almost scared to take it to the workshop now that I know its a one of a kind. would you take it to get fixed, or look at the cool side of it and leave it alone?
Quote by gary1991
Thanks for all your replies, some were pretty funny, i even got one from a guy called jesus saying 'god help you'. It cant be two strings being out of tune because it happens even when you play a single note. tried in a different room today, still does it, also, there are no fans in my house and nothing was on in my room, my tv etc was off, so it must be either what zincabopataurio said, or it is infact aliens, hehe. Im almost scared to take it to the workshop now that I know its a one of a kind. would you take it to get fixed, or look at the cool side of it and leave it alone?

If that happens again Id check into a music center and seek help. If that doesnt work return your evil Epiphone for a normal one.lol
As long as it doesnt mess with your playing though, you could just keep it.
All of my guitars do this sometimes on certain reverb effects on my RP90, its ****ED since I stomped on it too hard, but as for unplugged I don't knowGOD HELP US ALL DAH!!!!
METAL!