http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/eric_clapton/change_the_world_tab.htm

Let's take Change the World by Eric Clapton. It's in E. I notice its really nice to throw in G Major pentatonic licks as he does, I know that Em's parallel major is G. So why in this case did we go from the song's key minor to major, instead of visa versa and have clapton play licks on a C#m penta and E maj penta. or is it all the same? Maybe I'm thinking too hard about it or missing/got something wrong here.
It's the same scale, just built around G. It's almost like a mode, except that doesn't apply exactly the same way with Pents.

Like how E Aeo would be the minor and G Ion would be the Major, but it's the same notes.

Gives him access to an easier place to do the fingerings!

I was working on some BB King stuff when some of his licks just blew my mind. I'm like, "This guy is a freakin' MACHINE!" but then I realized if I slid up to G Maj pent it became super easy...

Classic Blues thing.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Let's look at the scales here:

E: E F# G# A B C# D#
G Pentatonic: G A B D E

So...E F# G G# A B C# D D#
In other words...1 2 b3 3 4 5 6 b7 7

The only accidentals he's throwing in are the b3 and b7, which are two very popular blue notes. I'm not a Blues guy myself, so I couldn't tell you much about why these notes are so used so often, but I've seen it enough to know that it's a very common idiom, somewhat of a Blues signature.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Quote by FlexEXP
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/eric_clapton/change_the_world_tab.htm

Let's take Change the World by Eric Clapton. It's in E. I notice its really nice to throw in G Major pentatonic licks as he does, I know that Em's parallel major is G. So why in this case did we go from the song's key minor to major, instead of visa versa and have clapton play licks on a C#m penta and E maj penta. or is it all the same? Maybe I'm thinking too hard about it or missing/got something wrong here.

Em's parallel major is E major. G major is the relative major.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!