whats the best usb interface for under 200? im just recording guitar and vocals. theres a few options, fast track pro, audiobox, line 6 ux2. i guess the virtual amps would be a plus but i can get by with my micro cube. im just starting to record and im not sure what im looking for. any help would be appreciated.
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
If I'm looking at your gear, I would recommend you something like a shure sm57 + a simple interface like the fast track pro to mic you amps
so definitely the maudio out of those 3?
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
If you can go up to $200 the Focusrite Saffire will probably be better than any of those.
Quote by Weirdbag
If I'm looking at your gear, I would recommend you something like a shure sm57 + a simple interface like the fast track pro to mic you amps

Do not buy an SM57, buy an SM58. You can take the "cap" off of the 58 and it becomes a 57
The USB [Universal Serial Bus] spec defines the Mechanical, Electrical and Protocol layers of the interface. Cables and connectors are fully defined. USB defines 2 types of hardware, Hubs and Functions. Up to 127 devices may be connected together in a tiered Star topology [Bus Topologies]. The limiting factor being 7 address bits. The physical wire segments are point-to-point between a Host, Hub, or Function. The system may only have one Host, which connects to a Hub. A USB Hub may connect to another Hub or to a USB Function. Each layer transition from Hub to Hub represents another Tier. USB Hubs allow connection to a USB bus, while USB Functions are the devices which perform some function.