I have this old Panasonic TV (I think it's from 1999 or 2000) that emits this extremely loud, constant noise when it's on and it seems that I'm the only person in the house that hears it. When watching TV I can easily ignore it because it's like this white noise background, but if I'm in another room and trying to concentrate it pisses me off.
Is there anybody else that hears this noise? What the **** is this shit? Are there any other devices that emit this noise.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Yes!! Every time I hear the noise I have to go look around until I find it, and sometimes there is no TV on.
Like a high pitched hum like your ears are ringing or something whenever a TV is switched on? Yes, I hear that.

Thank God I'm not the only one.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by Mikewazousky
Yes!! Every time I hear the noise I have to go look around until I find it, and sometimes there is no TV on.

nah, bro. that's just tinnitus.

Beefwellington described it good.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Yeah i hear it, people think i'm crazy
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
my TV at my parents' house has a high-pitched constant tone when i turn it on. god it kills me. but after an hour i get used to it.
#DTWD
Is it only old tv's or do all of them do it. I hear it too, but I was just wondering if it was the tubes in the old ones or whatever.
Quote by Grimriffer
nah, bro. that's just tinnitus.

Beefwellington described it good.

Sometimes it is actually just the sound of the electric going to the device if it is on standby.

OT - I hear it too. I know I hear things like this cause I am 23. A few years and I shouldn't!
Quote by Skullivan
Is it only old tv's or do all of them do it. I hear it too, but I was just wondering if it was the tubes in the old ones or whatever.

Well the plazma screen and my monitors don't emit this bullshit noise so I'm guessing it's the old TVs only.
Yes a lot of my families old TVs would do that. It was annoying as hell. Now we switched them all to HD flat-screens and they don't make any noise.

Quote by TextOnTheScreen
I hear cell phone chargers. Like a high-pitched squeal. Feels like nails being driven into my eardrums.

Yes, mine does that constantly. I can't ****ing stand it. Makes me want to smash it into little pieces.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jul 29, 2011,
Younger people can hear higher pitched sounds. I'm guessing you're the youngest in the house and therefore you can only hear it. For now anyways.
BLANKBLANK
You can hear the frequency emitted by crt TVs until about 20-25ish. After this your ears lose the ability, my old chem teacher had a whistle that made this frequency, everyone was freaking out when he blew it and he was laughing his ass off cuz he couldn't hear it.

It's similar to a dog whistle TS. You'll grow out of it.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jul 29, 2011,
Like a high-pitched whirring sound?

Yeah, I hear it when there's no other noise and the volume is relatively low, but only on my old box-shaped screen in the basement (yes, children, box-shaped televisions exist).
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
My TV makes a sort of weird noise depending on what the prevailing colour on the screen is. We've mostly tuned it out, though.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Like when it's on? Yeah. It's pretty normal, and well within the human hearing range. If you can't, you probably should get your ears checked out for hearing damage.

It's only the old cathode-ray ones, though. LCD and plasma screens don't do that.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jul 29, 2011,
Yeah, it pisses me the **** off.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yeah, my bedroom TV does that. If I had the money, I'd get rid of it for a flat screen, but with the addition of a homemade pedalboard, it makes a good place to put stuff.
no different to breathing or blinking, you can only hear it when you're conscious of it.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I hear it too, but it's only noticeable when there's no sound on. Ironically.

Quote by Weirdbag
No, but I see the radio.

I can taste the internet.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████