My mom and I were talking the other day, I was telling her how my thumb starts hurting and the pain goes all the way back to my elbow sometimes. She said it was carpal tunnel, and that playing guitar causes it. Can playing a guitar cause carpal tunnel, and if it does, is there any type of strumming technique to avoid it?
foREVer
Last edited by I.shower.naked at Jul 29, 2011,
Of course it can cause CT.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Is your Mom a doctor?

If not, then she can't diagnose a medical condition. And technically, no, guitar can't "cause" carpal tunnel because the carpal tunnel is an anatomical structure.

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a medical condition, namely inflammation resulting from too much typing (or playing an instrument, or anything repetitive, really) in the wrong position.

I would suggest taking a day off guitar and having a look at the way you sit when you play it. It's probably a matter of how you hold the instrument that is the problem.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

It's sounds more like an RSI than CTS to me, to be honest. I'm not a doctor, and the only person who is qualified to diagnose you is a doctor.

All information I've read (and again, I 'd like to state that I'm not an expert) suggests that to develop CTS you must have a genetic predisposition to it.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
And technically, no, guitar can't "cause" carpal tunnel because the carpal tunnel is an anatomical structure.

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a medical condition, namely inflammation resulting from too much typing (or playing an instrument, or anything repetitive, really) in the wrong position.

Thanks, smartass.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Prophet of Page
It's sounds more like an RSI than CTS to me, to be honest. I'm not a doctor, and the only person who is qualified to diagnose you is a doctor.

All information I've read (and again, I 'd like to state that I'm not an expert) suggests that to develop CTS you must have a genetic predisposition to it.

This. Go and see a qualified health professional before you trust the opinions of anyone else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.