I have an old nyc big muff pedal I haven't used for quite a while because the black wire from the battery clip broke off and the pedal stopped working...I know how to fix this but I don't have the stuff to do it right now. The weird thing is that the pedal doesn't work with an ac adapter either. Would that missing wire cause it to not work with wall power?
ummm.... Wrong section/thread/whatever dude.

But who cares, not like anybody really gives a shit except mods.

Check your AC jack and the adapter, something might be loose or not connected. The battery thing shouldnt have any effect because it's not completing a circuit unless it has a battery in there anyways. That's all I really know to tell you.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
sorry for wrong section i just figured someone who does mods and builds would have the most knowledge on something like this....AC adapter works for sure bc i use it on other pedals...prolly just go buy a new pedal
. Thanks.
Quote by treysonpwaters
sorry for wrong section i just figured someone who does mods and builds would have the most knowledge on something like this....AC adapter works for sure bc i use it on other pedals...prolly just go buy a new pedal
. Thanks.

Pretty sure you are in the right section
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
hey now, no. Remember you are in the modding section, lol. Take the whole thing apart, it's probably just the AC jack or a loose wire.
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by pigeonmafia
Pretty sure you are in the right section

not the accessroies section?
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by LZRocker
not the accessroies section?

Nah, this is the location of the ultimate wiring thread, this thread fits in here perfectly
Quote by pigeonmafia
Nah, this is the location of the ultimate wiring thread, this thread fits in here perfectly

oh cool, well ok then.

GET YOUR FAT ASS TO OPENING THE BACK OF THAT PEDAL TS!!!!!
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by LZRocker
oh cool, well ok then.

GET YOUR FAT ASS TO OPENING THE BACK OF THAT PEDAL TS!!!!!

+1.

It doesn't work as it is, it's not like you'll make it worse

Just have a poke around, see if there's anything obvious
If looking in and checking all your connections doesn't work, I suggest trying a range of patch leads. The Muff I use didn't work when I had a particular jack plug in it, which was quite odd :P (both work fine elsewhere)
A lot of the EH wire is pretty horrible quality and breaks really easy. Open it up and check EVERY wire to make sure it's solid. Be carefull with them though if you wiggle it too much they will break off.

Don't just give up on it. I hate to see pedals go to the pedal graveyard. I realize they are pretty cheap to replace but if you take it or send it to someone, it should be a cheap fix. If you sent it to me and it was a simple fix such as resoldering a wire or two, I would fix it for free only charging shipping back to you.
Let me elaborate...I have the pedal apart already. Everything looks okay (as in there and connected) but the 9v clip is gone. My only question was would that clip being gone affect the 9v adapter functionality, bc I don't know much about circuits... And ^ yes the wiring is horrible. It looks like the wires will fall off if you touch them and it is thread like thin...so thin i can't even read the gauge on it!....screw it though, i'm just going to go buy a soldering gun and redo it all one by one, will only cost me about $5 (friend at RadioShack! lol)
Not having the battery clip on there should not affect the DC jack from working unless it's wired up some strange way that causes the DC jack to lose ground or something.

Good! I suggest to all the EH pedals that have this type of wiring that I repair or mod that I redo all the wiring. It's not if a wire is going to break off. It's when. Most broken EH pedals I repair are because of a broken wire.
Quote by Griffin Effects
I suggest to all the EH pedals that have this type of wiring that I repair or mod that I redo all the wiring. It's not if a wire is going to break off. It's when. Most broken EH pedals I repair are because of a broken wire.

I just got an LPB-1 in a trade. You are right, it wasn't working and when I opened it up the wires attaching the board to the switch broke off! It should work when I solder that back on, but it just made it that much harder to fix. There was only one wire not attached when I got it. Is it the wire or the solder? I don't want to have to fix it again.
It's the wire. That ribbon cable they use in a lot of their pedals is really bad. If you don't replace it, at least run a bead of hot glue down all the points were it connects to the board. That helps a lot.