I don't know if this old news or not, but I was looking a guitar player 2012 buying guide and I saw that Floyd Rose is starting to make a line of guitars.

There is nothing on their site yet- http://www.floydrose.com/guitars/

But the magazine did have pictures of the different models, but all of the prices were TBA.

Again I didn't know if this is old news, but I thought some might find it interesting.
Re-starting to make guitars, really. Floyd rose made guitars for several years. These look like updated versions with nicer tops, but the headstock and lspecs ook about the same as the old ones, from what little can be seen. The previous generation of Floyd guitars were priced around the MIM strat mark if I remember correctly.
Specs that I can remember:
-HSS and a HH model
-Alder body (I think?)
-Red or Blue body
-Rosewood board
-25.5" scale
-No-name/'duncan designed' style pickups
-Floyd trem (duh) and speedloader nut for using floyd speedloader strings.

They were largely unremarkable guitars unless you really wanted a Floyd at a low price. Besides that, they were like any other low-end strat copy, except that you were supposed to use Floyd's speedloader strings, which are faster for changes but are more expensive. I imagine you could use regular strings with the ball end in the nut and locked at the bridge, but you'd be yanking on the fine tuners quite a bit when they settled in because that's the only way to tune one of them.
Quote by Roc8995
Re-starting to make guitars, really. Floyd rose made guitars for several years. These look like updated versions with nicer tops, but the headstock and lspecs ook about the same as the old ones, from what little can be seen. The previous generation of Floyd guitars were priced around the MIM strat mark if I remember correctly.
Specs that I can remember:
-HSS and a HH model
-Alder body (I think?)
-Red or Blue body
-Rosewood board
-25.5" scale
-No-name/'duncan designed' style pickups
-Floyd trem (duh) and speedloader nut for using floyd speedloader strings.

They were largely unremarkable guitars unless you really wanted a Floyd at a low price. Besides that, they were like any other low-end strat copy, except that you were supposed to use Floyd's speedloader strings, which are faster for changes but are more expensive. I imagine you could use regular strings with the ball end in the nut and locked at the bridge, but you'd be yanking on the fine tuners quite a bit when they settled in because that's the only way to tune one of them.

Sounds like a good deal though. I've long wanted a Strat with an actual floyd, but for a decent price, and without having to make it myself.

2 things Mr.Roc, my name is Collin as well, and the link in your sig is broken.
Fugly headstock.....

I mean if they were trying to make a strat headstock ever UGLIER, they sure accomplished that.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
I remember those guitars being a total failure. It was a good idea, but the headstock was fugly and the speedloader strings where hard to find and expensive. Therefor, no one bought them.

From what I remember when talking to people who owned them, they didn't play or sound that good either...
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by hawk5211
Sounds like a good deal though. I've long wanted a Strat with an actual floyd, but for a decent price, and without having to make it myself.

Then get a Jackson DK2, or a Fender Standard Floyd Rose strat.

Both of those run for about $400 if you know where to look.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.