I just wanted to see how the general strat-player populous have their strat's bridge setup, and

I've got a Fender FSR Standard Strat (MIM Gilmour Strat. )

I have 3 springs, and my bridge is set floating.

Strange enough, my Strat was setup floating from the factory..

The tuning stability with my bridge is pretty good, and I can do serious dives without it falling out of tune.

Is it worth it to be able to bend into chords when you have your strat flush with the body? I think I would miss being able to bend up with the trem if I make my strat non-floating.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
i have my bridge blocked, gives me more sustain and better tone imo.
I play guitar.
I have 5 springs in the back, I hate going out of tune.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I set mine Up not to float, but I like floating better, so I'll probably switch back soon.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I have three springs, my bridge is set flush with the body, just for tuning stabliltiy really, I don't use it much. I can dive with it though and it doesnt fall out of tune.

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
I blocked my trem with as much pennies as I can shove into the gap to block the trem. I never use the trem on my strat, so I decided to block it. That and I would have needed more springs in order to keep the trem level if I wanted to string it with .11s-.52s
floating for me. the pull up helps to unkink strings at the nut. i've found that this works best for me. one of my strats has locking tuners and a roller nut but that isn't necessary to stay in tune. a good set up and taking some time to work with your trem is the best thing to do.
done.

Change my answer to "Floating".

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
sewoo: Well, I push down on the bar. That usually works.

I've got my bridge set up to float ever-so-slightly. What I end up with is the usual range of diving, and then enough room to pull up so I can basically yank the strings back into tune. Not sure how I ended up this way (it just kind of happened after I restrung), but I like it a lot.
Quote by horser4dish
sewoo: Well, I push down on the bar. That usually works.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
My Strats are set up with the bridge floating, if I pull all the way up on the bar, the open G is raised up a major third to a B.

Tuning is stable, it's mostly about having a well cut nut, lubricating the contact points and stretching out the strings correctly.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
i prefer floating
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
3 springs with 11s, 5 with 13s
Slightly floating with a 75% dive ability
med-high action from 13-11s
sperzel locking tuners and a graphtech nut
It never goes out of tune
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
i always have 5 springs, mostly because i used heavier gauge strings in standard tuning, and i have it slightly floating so there's just a little bit of upwards bending available but not a lot as i don't really bend it upwards that often. it does cause a little bit of pitch-dropping with unison bends but nothing too severe.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp