Hello!

Was wondering if somebody could assist me here....

I plan on using two class 5's at the same time for my gigs. I will also attach one of them to a 2x12 cab.

But at the minute I can only afford to get either another class5 or the extension cab.

Any ideas of which would be better to get first? Could you also tell me why, if you've got the time?

Thank ya'll!
Quote by DanielShaw123
Any ideas of which would be better to get first? Could you also tell me why, if you've got the time?

Thank ya'll!

i am an avid multi-amp-user, i love my stereo effects. so keep that in mind when reading this advice

i'd get 2 amps first and get the extension cab later. the 2 amps on stage will sound louder than 1 amp with an extension cab. also, you can create a nice stereo field with 2 amps while the extension cab will just project the one amp more.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Cheers for the replies guys!

2 amps: Just for a bigger/fuller/louder sound really...

I was thinking the same thing actually gumbilicious! I can't wait to try this out! I was also just thinking about the stereo effects option too. What ones do you use? Does it really add to the sound? Also, do you use an ABY splitter to use multi amps, or do the stereo effects have multiple outputs?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for the advice!
I'm not trying to burst your bubble with my post either.

I didn't think the Class 5 had an effects loop or was a good platform for effects to begin with.

Yes you typically would use an ABY splitter.

Some effects do have a Stereo outs feature.

What effects do you want to incorporate?

What kind of music do you play?

Do you have a drummer and a bassist.

For a bigger, fuller, louder sound I suggest the extention cab
Thanks for the reply!

No effects loop on the class 5... I find it pretty good for pedals, good enough for me anyway. Would say, a stereo delay at the end of my chain with an output to each amp work ok? Also, would it work when the delay was off too?

I play psychedelic blues rock kind of stuff. I do have a drummer and bassist, and I'm the only guitar player.

Well I could go for the cab first, but either way I will have both the cab and another class 5 soon; so it's good to know what will work when I do eventually have two...

Really appreciate the advice, as I've never run two amps at once before....

Cheers!
You'd have to ask the Post Rock guys on the stereo question.

I really like the Class 5 actually.

I personally wouldn't buy two of the same amp though.

I'd pair with something like a used Classic 30, Vox Nightrain, Egnater Tweaker, used Blues Jr etc......just for the variety in tone. (assuming tight budget)
i like, and personally use, 311's advice. mix it up. the only equipment of have more than 1 exact thing of is SM57's. you'd get a different tone with another brand, it'd mix it up a bit.

Quote by DanielShaw123
Cheers for the replies guys!

2 amps: Just for a bigger/fuller/louder sound really...

What ones do you use? Does it really add to the sound? Also, do you use an ABY splitter to use multi amps,

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gumbilicious/music/play920678

this is a song from a setup i use with my band. actually uses 3 amps, setup so that i place 2 amps on either side of the 'stage' and run a 3rd amp in the middle. the outside amps get one stereo effects, the one in the middle gets a 'dry' signal.

guitar -> wah -> boost -> od -> fuzz -> a/b/y

out a -> Middle amp

out b -> bunch of pedals -> dd6 => mutron bi-phase => Left and Right amps

the dd6 has C/L/R stereo delay effect, then i run that through a stereo phaser. so i run multiple amps, and a/b/y and multiple stereo effects. sounds like the intro on this clip

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gumbilicious/music/play698542

this allows for lots of flexibility and a great wide range of effect. i use different types of amps to try and compliment one another, create a pretty big sound. we are a 3 piece, so it's an experiment gone [mayhap] too far.

lots of cool tones on tap, lots of stuff to bring with ya and it's a pain lugging it.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jul 29, 2011,
Loving that mutron bi-phase demo!!! Amazing intro build-up, infact the whole song kicks ass! Love the solo that starts around 3.30! Nice!

Sweet setup too man!

So would this work for me... Guitar > all other effects > stereo delay (dd7) > both amps?

Thanks for the advice man!
Quote by DanielShaw123
Loving that mutron bi-phase demo!!! Amazing intro build-up, infact the whole song kicks ass! Love the solo that starts around 3.30! Nice!

Sweet setup too man!

So would this work for me... Guitar > all other effects > stereo delay (dd7) > both amps?

Thanks for the advice man!

yeah, that'd work.

i use a few different stereo effects, both those are the big ones i use more often. i usually use a open and closed back amp together. maybe even different speaker sizes, but def different speaker types. i love mix and matching equipment. here are a couple pics of the setup (drummer got left out the picture):

-ae