Screw High Definition. We're getting ULTRA-High Definition.

So I found this after doing a bit of lazing on the internet.

As most of you know, HD is now part of our TV's at home, whereas before, that sort of stuff was left for the cinemas. HD has made the magical world of TV that bit clearer, and made all those ugly wrinkles on every TV stars faces shine brighter than ever.

Full High definition is shown at a resolution of 1080 pixels high, by 1920 pixels wide.

Ultra High definition will be shown at a ridiculous 4320 pixels high, by 7680 pixels wide. That's 16 times higher that HDTV.
If anybody has been to an IMAX, that's roughly the same resolution.

Obviously, this resolution would look crap on an average 32" TV. Even on a massive 60" TV, it would still be a bit awful. So Sharp has developed an 85" TV to demonstrate some of their UHD filming. Apparently, 20 minutes of UHDTV would take 4TB of storage space. There has also been talk of the TV's to best suit UHD would be between 100"- 200".

An awesome thing for audio for UHD, no longer, will we sit and listen to our 5.1 surround sound and think "I wish I had more speakers". They're developing 22.2 surround sound. That's 22 speakers, and 2 sub-woofers. This is the audio format for UHDTV.

As far as I know, this isn't going to be available for another 5-10 years.

And that's all I know folks! I just wanted to get the hype out. Anybody else got any information on this?
I'm not spending money on HD until those HD lips can give me a blowjob.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Well, if this isn't another way to squeeze money out of gullible idiots, I don't know what is.

Standard definition was fine and dandy for years, but NOOOOOOO, everything had to be sharper and clearer, and by extension, MORE FUCKING EXPENSIVE.

And then we have 3D... If you want to see something in 3D, GO OUTSIDE. THE WORLD IS 3D. Jesus.
Odin's ravens...technology ****.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
SCIENCE! Can't wait to try this out with the Playstation 5...
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Well, if this isn't another way to squeeze money out of gullible idiots, I don't know what is.

Standard definition was fine and dandy for years, but NOOOOOOO, everything had to be sharper and clearer, and by extension, MORE FUCKING EXPENSIVE.

And then we have 3D... If you want to see something in 3D, GO OUTSIDE. THE WORLD IS 3D. Jesus.

Holy shit! It's true. We should give you like a medal or something.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
Holy shit! It's true. We should give you like a medal or something.

Assface.

All I'm trying to say is that people managed just fine before everything had to be in 3D. Nowadays, if something's not in 3D, people aren't interested.

I forsee many new drive-in theaters opening

I know i'll be opening one in my backyard.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Assface.

All I'm trying to say is that people managed just fine before everything had to be in 3D. Nowadays, if something's not in 3D, people aren't interested.

not true. just because the media are flaunting it every which way, doesn't mean people are actually buying it. none of my friends actually enjoy 3d, and i don't know anybody actually excited about the mini-era we're entering.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by laid-to-waste
not true. just because the media are flaunting it every which way, doesn't mean people are actually buying it. none of my friends actually enjoy 3d, and i don't know anybody actually excited about the mini-era we're entering.

To be honest, I have a habit of generalising (Dunno if you'd noticed TROLOLOL)

But I know how you feel. I don't care for it, none of my friends care for it, and as far as I know, it's a pointless venture. But, ya know...

Just my opinion.
Quote by PaulyVengeance

Ok Grandpa Everything should just stop getting more confusing and the nurse steals from you, yeah.
Quote by Weaponized
Ok Grandpa Everything should just stop getting more confusing and the nurse steals from you, yeah.

Back in my day, I'd have whipped you with a hickory swish. But now....*shakes fist*
I agree that the public is being taken for a ride a bit. I wouldn't pay as much as they initially were asking for 3D technology at home. Though the 3DS was the same price as the DS on initial release. Nintendo, you make me proud.

I was in a local shop a week or so ago, when I saw some "High Definition Glasses".....

..Any person that buys those should probably be shot. Sieving through the population to make a better evolutionary path.
that just takes the piss, it'll cost twice as much for maybe a fifth or so of a noticable improvement
The only thing HD is useful for is video gaming. Less polygons, more pixels. Other than that, HD is a waste for me.

3D doesn't sound very appealing either. I've never even seen a 3D film before.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
that's cool, douche. meanwhile i'm stuck here with the same standard def tv we had in 2001 and there's no ****in food in the fridge! way to make me feel inadequate...
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by frankv
We've had an HD ready TV for years now but we're still on an analog connection, don't have consoles of the latest generation and don't have a blue-ray player either.

in that case you are better off with an old fashioned tv xD
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...