Page 1 of 4
So, yes. I am a straight guy that listens to the likes of Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kylie Minogue, Little Boots, Lily Allen, etc. I often get judged for it by macho guys who are afraid of society's opinion of them, and the gays love me for it... but I think the premise that you're gay if you like this type of music is ridiculous, and I honestly couldn't give a shit if someone has a problem with it. I'm just curious, that's all. It just seems as though gay + pop are very common, but not mutually inclusive.

I'm wondering--how many of you here are heterosexual male pop music enthusiasts?
Last edited by nincompoop at Jul 29, 2011,
Your sexual preference has nothing to do with what you listen to. That is dumb to assume otherwise.

OT: If I hear a song I like and others ask if I like it, I will tell said people without regret.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by nincompoop
So, yes. I am a straight guy that listens to the likes of Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kylie Minogue, Little Boots, Lily Allen, etc. I often get judged for it by macho guys who are afraid of society's opinion of them, and the gays love me for it... but I think the premise that you're gay if you like this type of music is ridiculous, and I honestly couldn't give a shit if someone has a problem with it. I'm just curious, that's all. It just seems as though gay + pop are very common, but not mutually inclusive.

I'm wondering--how many of you here are heterosexual male pop music enthusiasts?

You're right, you're not gay, just a little curious.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
All my friends listen to that kind of stuff. I also listen to pop music, although not the particular artists you mentioned. I guess everyone I know is a closet gay.

Personally, I don't see the connection between listening to Kylie and willingly taking it up the ass from another man.
You like what you like. As said, sexual preference has nothing to do with anything lol.

Sure, a lot of pop artists are classed as 'gay idols/symbols' purely because their music appeals more to the homosexual demographic.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Sure, a lot of pop artists are classed as 'gay idols/symbols' purely because their music appeals more to the homosexual demographic.
What.

OT: Your sexuality has nothing to do with the music you listen to. It's absurd to suggest otherwise.
Quote by due 07
What.

OT: Your sexuality has nothing to do with the music you listen to. It's absurd to suggest otherwise.

I really have no idea what I'm saying half the time. Also, the word 'Demographic' has been stuck in my head for a few days now, and I wanted to use it. Sue me.
i don't dislike popular music because it's gay to like it...i dislike it because usually it's not muscially or lyrically interesting to me at all. now back in the 90's...different story.
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
I'm... fairly certain I mentioned that I think its silly to equate sexuality with what music you like. We're all in agreement there.

I'm just curious as to who's brave enough to admit it and think for themselves (or maybe foolish, like me).
I don't like pop music because its gay.not in the up the ass way, just...gay, y'know?
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
there was a time when bands like Boston were considered pop bands.
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Quote by ItsThatDude
there was a time when bands like Boston were considered pop bands.

Well, sure. When they were super popular, they fit into the category of "pop/popular music", but then there's what we're talking about, which is the genre.
It's not gay to like pop. I dislike the majority of it because it isn't appealing to me. I do like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, though.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
I'm listening to Panic! At The Disco right now, and I just finished listening to Lady Gaga. Now I'm going to go listen to Carcass, or maybe The Dead Kennedy's, or something.

Just enjoy the music, damn it.
I wouldn't call myself a pop music enthusiast, but I sure enjoy it.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Weaponized
Goddammit why did I click on this thread? Now I'm gonna catch the gay!

It's okay *hugs*

OT: I have a lot of pop stuff: N'sync, Backstreet Boys, Lady Gaga, a few Ke$ha, stuff like that. It's nice to have diverse music. Gives me more to listen to
Quote by Weaponized
Goddammit why did I click on this thread? Now I'm gonna catch the gay!

This.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Hey, it's you.

My friends bust on me all the time for pop being my favorite music, and I literally hide the fact from my dad. It sucked, because throughout my favorite season of American Idol, I had to listen to him go on about what a fag Adam Lambert is, and how only fags like him. Bastard.
Quote by JetPackBlues
I'm listening to Panic! At The Disco right now, and I just finished listening to Lady Gaga. Now I'm going to go listen to Carcass, or maybe The Dead Kennedy's, or something.

Just enjoy the music, damn it.

I used to listen to No Love Lost by Carcass and Torn by Natalie Imbruglia back to back in my design class.
I don't remember anyone saying pop is for gays, although I could argue that most of those acts, except Kylie Monogue, are definitely aimed at the female demographic as opposed to the guys. It's the same with metal, except it's aimed at guys, and without the questionable musical integrity(although Metallica....)
Quote by nincompoop

I don't know whether you're serious or not, but the idea that people are judgmental because they're "afraid of society's opinion of them" is retarded IMO. Most likely they rip on you for it simply because they're macho dudes who only like macho stuff. Don't get me wrong, they're still assholes for judging a person based on what music they listen to, but still.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Strong closet homo presence ITT.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
i do sink my self into some of that singer/songwriter stuff, do like some john mayer or bruno mars as well
Idk man I've recently started enjoying the backstreet boys. It's probably pure nostalgia but whatever, I know that I'm not gay, so **** em.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by Twist of fate
Had no idea music can make you gay. Around here it's when you get your dick in another man's ass
That doesn't make you gay, either though.
Page 1 of 4