Hello I think I finally found the right tube amp for me. I was looking for a tube amp that had a good sound. I then found the Lil' Night Train and had some questions on it. Well my big question about this amp is that if I can mic it or hook it up to a PA would I be able to gig with it ? My next question is what kind of cab would you recommend with this head ?
I think the lil night train cab would be fine.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Hmmm....that's tough.
I love mine, so you should definitely buy it but it's only two watts so you basically need to crank it full and mic it loud, which will give you no clean headroom.
How big are the venues you'll be playing and what's your max budget?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I really don't even know if I'll even be playing any gig. So I'm guessing if I just crank it and mic it would be okay. I could always just buy the 15 watt Night Train down the road if I get a band going.
If you can stretch it, the 15 watt would be great. I love my Lil' night train but i'd never gig with it. The 15 gives you more headroom in terms of cleans and can be miced alot easier. Not to mention you have the option of 7 watts for home if you like.
A good 2x12 cab will do you wonders, you'll get a lovely bass response and full thick rich sound.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"