Hey guys, so my bass amp has been acting up recently. It's started to make this static/crackly noise sometimes when I'm playing. It will crackle if I attack the strings too hard, tapping, and slap/popping. I can play it fine if I'm not using any of those techniques, no cracking or anything. I just wanna get a vague description of what might be the problem.

The amp is old, I got it used a while back, it was working fine then, but something might be dying inside it. Amp isn't here right now, when I get it back I'll troubleshoot it and if I have to, bring it in for repair. Just looking for some advice. Thanks.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Last edited by MetallicSka at Jul 29, 2011,
classic case of a blown speaker. the only real way to fix it is to have the speaker rethreaded or just get a new one. the amp should be fine; its just the speaker messing up. until then, try turning down the bass frequency. thats where the most stress on the speaker is coming from. it will probably sound weird because the bass frequency is kinda really important to a bass, but it will just blow your speaker more and more if you dont.
What's the price range for replacing or fixing a speaker? The amp is a 1x15 combo, 100 watt.
Quote by devourke

Twitter
Last.fm
Alright, thanks for the info.
Quote by devourke

Twitter
Last.fm