Well this is my first true NGD in a while as I have been buying and trading for used stuff. But when I saw these and saw the price I had to have one. It is a 2011 Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute Goldtop. It is very nice. None of the crappy QC I have been hearing about the old Gibbo lately. The frets ends are slightly sharp, but that is the only little gripe I have. These are plek'ed as well. Haven't spent much time with it yet, but it plays very nice. It is very resonant and sounds great clean and can get quite raunchy when distorted. It is light as LP's go at just under 8 lbs. Definitely think it's a keeper. Got it from Wildwood. You can actually chosse from excellent pics of the exact guitar you are buying and their customer service was phenomenal. I highly reccomend them.

ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
you got a 2 piece back too?

also, your is set up about as bad as mine was. lower the damn bridge pup.

congrats!
Quote by gregs1020
you got a 2 piece back too?

congrats!

Yeah it is pretty damn high. These pics were right out of the box.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
HNGD! Nice to see someones still buying gibson..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Goldtops are so awesome looking.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I have one of those, but it has a 3-piece body. You lucky bastard.

I still love it though. The only thing I don't like it that Gibson used 300k volume pots. I'm going to change them out eventually. And Gibson didn't insulate the control cavity at all, so it get's too much hum. I can probably just glue some foil to the back-plate and be good.

The best tone, imo, is middle position, bridge tone and volume at 10, neck volume at 5 and tone at 10. Sounds thick and still bites. I love it.

HNGD!
Last edited by W4RP1G at Jul 30, 2011,
How much did you pay? And still you get sharp frets? I would consider that typical gibson QC...

HNGD, I bet it has tone for days. Frets should be an easy fix
WTLTL 2011
That is amazing looking. HNGD.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Happy New Guitar Day!

Quote by Mark G
How much did you pay? And still you get sharp frets? I would consider that typical gibson QC...

Going out of the factory i would have been fine, but changes in temperature and humidity during transport affect the neck and fretboard more than the fret metal, causing the sharp frets. It will happen to any non-finished fretboard (i.e. not maple), regardless of quality. It's not a "Gibson problem," its a guitar problem.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by yellowv
Yeah it is pretty damn high. These pics were right out of the box.

i ended up lowering the bridge and stoptail quite a bit too. not sure why they set them so high. i set up lesters so the strings only touch the bridge at the saddles, keeping the bridge and stop bar as low as possible.
Quote by Darkflame
yay =)
I received an email yesterday: mine FINALLY left the Musiciansfriend warehouse, after 6 months of backordering. I'll have the same NGD soon =)

PM me the link please

@TS: i hate the bridge pickup soooo high :S
and it's also really ugly

in the music store they had 0,008's with that high bridge....

in E standard when i want to do a Palm Mute, it really failed...

pooor EMG's, lol allthough i don't like EMG's.....

@TS: NICE GUITAR!!!! are you planning changing the pickups? cuz it's beautiful with gold pickups

HNGD !!! ^^

howmuch did you pay for it?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
if that was to me, I ordered it for 850, and with the shipping and everything as I'm in Canada, it sums up to 914$. However, with the canadian dollar being much stronger lately, the actual price I'm paying is around 870$, which is one hell of a bargain seeing we get a light inflation on guitars. In a store, the guitar would've been 1100$ I guess if they hadn't sold out the day they all came in..
Quote by Darkflame
if that was to me, I ordered it for 850, and with the shipping and everything as I'm in Canada, it sums up to 914$. However, with the canadian dollar being much stronger lately, the actual price I'm paying is around 870$, which is one hell of a bargain seeing we get a light inflation on guitars. In a store, the guitar would've been 1100$ I guess if they hadn't sold out the day they all came in..

is it the same guitar?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
darn i gotta get myself a goldtop LP with p90's sometime!
HNGD dude play her well.
Quote by kangaxxter
Going out of the factory i would have been fine, but changes in temperature and humidity during transport affect the neck and fretboard more than the fret metal, causing the sharp frets. It will happen to any non-finished fretboard (i.e. not maple), regardless of quality. It's not a "Gibson problem," its a guitar problem.

Being finished doesn't mean it won't get fret spout either. Its fairly common on Strats and Tele's with 1 piece necks, and using flatsawn neck blanks really doesn't help (flatsawn wood will expand/contract more width-ways, making it more susceptible to fret spout)

Anyway, HNGD yellowv!
Stop buying so many nice guitars! Leave some for everyone else

Last edited by littlephil at Jul 30, 2011,
Quote by littlephil
Being finished doesn't mean it won't get fret spout either. Its fairly common on Strats and Tele's with 1 piece necks, and using flatsawn neck blanks really doesn't help (flatsawn wood will expand/contract more width-ways, making it more susceptible to fret spout)

Anyway, HNGD yellowv!
Stop buying so many nice guitars! Leave some for everyone else

Just because it's not not finished doesn't mean it won't not be susceptible to it either, it's just more common to not happen on necks with finished fretboards.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by gregs1020

Almost every Gibson I've played has had the bridge pickup super high. I think they want you to get the best of out their pickups, or their too lazy to screw in the pickup all the way...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Almost every Gibson I've played has had the bridge pickup super high. I think they want you to get the best of out their pickups, or their too lazy to screw in the pickup all the way...

i'd like to ask them what amp they are using to test the tone.
Quote by gregs1020
i'd like to ask them what amp they are using to test the tone.

Line6 Spider IV?

Oh jeez. Now you know I'm just trying to troll you.
hello gibson?

yea, look....

you really need a new amp.

yellowv - sorry for the thread jack, we're just funnin'.
It's a Beaut!! Just get those manky plastic tuners out of there and you're all good!

Happy New Gear Day!