I have been wanting a telecaster recently ever since I played one at a guitar store, I've found them to be unexpectedly comfortable and now I'm GASing hard for one.

My budget is $1000 (maybe slightly more if needed), however, I live in Egypt so the possibility of trying out these instruments are impossible. However, I'll have a friend bring them over from the US, so shipment isn't a problem.

Anyways, I'd like a versatile Tele capable of multiple styles of music. From Progressive/Post Rock/Metal (Isis, Cynic, Opeth, Pink Floyd) to Alternative Rock (Radiohead, Alice in Chains, Alter Bridge, Dredg, My Bloody Valentine). Basically, should go from excellent Cleans to Mid-Gain.

These are the ones I'm thinking about:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...electric-guitar

I like the first one a lot, and it has gotten plenty of positive reviews, but I'm not sure if it's suited for my needs, or if there are any faults with it that I don't know. It just seems too good to be true. The American one is the default I would have gotten, and the others seem interesting with their semi-hollow bodies and pickup combinations.

Thank you for your time.
None of your links work
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
maybe you should post the full links so we can see which guitars you are talking about. When I click on them I just get a "page doesnt exist" error.
If you are leaning toward the first one, I'd consider the 72' thinline in sunburst. If you really want a great guitar you should look at japanese Fender Teles. Cool guitars
Can you explain why you'd consider the 72' thinline over the first one.

Also, where can I order these Japanese Fenders, can't find them on Amazon or Musician's Friend
you can't order them new. you need to buy japanese guitars used, unless you want to order from canada and have them ship a japan fender to canada, then you.

he is probably recommending the 72 thinline because its what he wants, and because your first option is non-traditional.

what sounds are you looking towards getting? i've played everyone of those except the american standard, so i may be able to give a good recomendation.
I've played guitars similar to the first guitar you linked to, and the 72 thinline. Between the two I'd say the thinline feels better, but as far as sound goes, the first one will get the sound you're looking for a lot more easily.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

oh, just re-read your original, lol.

the classic players deluxe can hit alternative rock tones, but it didn't sound good when i was going for metal. its a great guitar for ambient stuff, or alternative/blues/some rock, but if you want a guitar that can hit metal and alternative, and all the inbetween, then get thefirst one you linked.
The sounds I'm looking for are mostly used mostly by the Bands I listed above, especially Isis, My Bloody Valentine and Opeth. I'm not interested in shred music really that much, I'm more of a rhythm guy (I just love messing around with weird chords and rhythms). So basically something that could be used for playing big weird chords without getting muddy, and some leads (clean and distorted, but not shred). I know that wasn't really helpful :P

I do like the look of the first one a lot and I've always wanted a guitar with a finish like that one, I was always jealous of Bass guitar finishes
Quote by felakutihimself
The sounds I'm looking for are mostly used mostly by the Bands I listed above, especially Isis, My Bloody Valentine and Opeth. I'm not interested in shred music really that much, I'm more of a rhythm guy (I just love messing around with weird chords and rhythms). So basically something that could be used for playing big weird chords without getting muddy, and some leads (clean and distorted, but not shred). I know that wasn't really helpful :P

I do like the look of the first one a lot and I've always wanted a guitar with a finish like that one, I was always jealous of Bass guitar finishes

Being a lover of Opeth myself, I would definitely say go for natural finish one. It'll hit the sounds you want within reason, so long as your amp is up to the task.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Awesome, I'm really loving that natural finish. But do you know why the first one isn't that wide spread, I mean it's an amazing guitar but people haven't seemed to notice it.
Quote by felakutihimself
Awesome, I'm really loving that natural finish. But do you know why the first one isn't that wide spread, I mean it's an amazing guitar but people haven't seemed to notice it.

People tend to go to the tele for the twang, so the standard series will always outsell and out advertise the other models. Like that sexy bitch

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

The first one seemed the best. It's kind've hard getting metal tones out of a single coil.
Gear
-Fender HSS MiM Deluxe Strat
-Guitar Research T30r Tube amp
Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss BF-2 Flanger
SKB PS-8 8-Port 9VDC Powered Pedalboard
Ovation Applause AE-128
Manuel Rodriguez Caballero 11
Of those I'd probably go for the FMT but have you considered the Tele Deluxe?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB