I'm an intermediate guitar player and i like to play metal music. but i want to start learning scales. i believe this site is perfect for me but i don't understand it too well :P

can someone give me some tips on this website?

http://gosk.com/scales/harmonic-minor-scale-for-guitar.php

edit: actually this is really confusing lol. need help learning how to start so i can practice
Last edited by emmicKs at Jul 30, 2011,
do you know the other scales and modes?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
do you know the other scales and modes?
i know 0 lol
do you know how to find notes on the fretboard?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
do you know how to find notes on the fretboard?
ya but takes me a while. prob need work in that area. (btw should i tune my guitar to standard when learning all this?)
Quote by emmicKs
ya but takes me a while. prob need work in that area. (btw should i tune my guitar to standard when learning all this?)

it doesn't matter what tuning the guitar is in.

Try learning the C major scale and A minor first since they have all natural notes.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by emmicKs

your guitar can be in any tuning as long as you know the notes on the fretboard. but since youll just be starting off, being in standard will be the easiest way to learn notes.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by Zep_shizzle
your guitar can be in any tuning as long as you know the notes on the fretboard. but since youll just be starting off, being in standard will be the easiest way to learn notes.

alright ty, i am going to learn chords, cause i only know a few of those
lol, I just looked at your gear and I had the same thing when I started.

I'm also sitting in my chair playing my LE122 right now

anyways, you'll probably want to tune to standard since many chords are shown in standard tuning
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I'm also a beginner at guitar, so correct me if I am wrong, but if you don't know any scales should you really be starting off with the harmonic scales? Maybe the minor and major pentatonics first?