So I have this new band, and I have this giant amp:

It's a 1x15 and I have live in an upstairs apartment and have to bring it downstairs every time to band practice. Now I used to have one of my sisters help me (she's much stronger than most girls) but she's going off to college and is out of town this week so from now on I will have to attempt this by myself because no one else in my family is strong enough to help.

I can't just "walk" the amp down though because the stairs are pretty close together and that'd mess up the bottom. So do you guys have any tips for bringing big amps down stairs? I have to do this tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
ply wood sheets and roll it wi you under it walking it down for the extreme laziness win
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
did you ever ride laundry baskets down the stairs when you were a kid? do that.

or lower it out the window on a rope

or eat your wheaties
no sir away a papaya war is on
I don't want to harm the amp at all! And I can't get any ply wood by tomorrow.
pfft, try carrying a 75lb head about 50 yards and then up two flights of stairs.

Love the Low end
I think a head is easier to carry because you could grip it easier and it's not nearly as big.
I carry my cabs in and out of places and up and down all the time.

You've got 2 options really, you can lean to lift it and move it o you can find someone to help you. There's probably not much we can help you with.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I carry my cabs in and out of places and up and down all the time.

You've got 2 options really, you can lean to lift it and move it o you can find someone to help you. There's probably not much we can help you with.

This, everyone does it, it's just part of playing. it's got casters, you can just walk it down, but eventually it's going to scuff yes. anything we use eventually looks abused. Might find a cardboard box and flatten and try that. maybe make it a pair of short stair skies someday.
Lift it up so that your arms are straighter, instead of hanging down with your hands clenched on the handle, and maybe hold it by the bottom and handle, so that it's sideways. That's what I do and it's easier if you're moving it up or down stairs or for longer distances. I'm also a pretty big guy, so maybe check if your balance is good beforehand . Go slowly.
I actually had a friend come help me. :/ Won't have to move it for 2 weeks though so gonna work on triceps and hopefully I can at least get it down. Y'all don't think it hitting something a few times will damage it?
yeah, lift with your legs, man.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Rawshik
I actually had a friend come help me. :/ Won't have to move it for 2 weeks though so gonna work on triceps and hopefully I can at least get it down. Y'all don't think it hitting something a few times will damage it?

Nah, A few bumps here and there won't damage it. You may scuff the tolex or maybe get a little tear.

But nothing to worry about unless it goes tumbling down some stairs.

Love the Low end
leave the stupid heavy thing at your practice place..why keep moving it? you need a practice amp to play thru when your in your place? use your stereo or computer....

i dunno, just throwing ideas out there
Try moving this big prick of an amp around once or twice a week.

That being said I still want to go up to an 810.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by SamWhiteBASS
Plus biceps are the lifting muscles in the arm

And your traps and lower back too!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
It's an old peavey you'll probably scratch and dent and maim that stairwell first
Alright thanks guys. I've considered leaving it there, but we don't practice enough for me to do that. Also, a friend of mine knows all about fitness and stuff told me to work on triceps. I'm working on biceps too, but he said triceps would be better.
do both all you want and holding it will get easier, but lifting itself is in the knees, look up any osha guide, even rugrats had an episode where a guy shouted it.
http://www.amazon.com/Stebco-Three-Way-Luggage-Dolly-Platform/dp/B001E6BDW8

You could also invest in one of these. I've taken a 85lb ampeg combo up and down a flight of stairs with a heavy duty luggage cart.
I've thought about getting one of those but I don't think they'd work so well on the stairs at my apartment complex.