Hey guys, I started writing this song a couple months ago and now I just came back to it and added a few parts. It's still far from done. I just started writing the vocal melody and all I have is the first few bars. I'm trying to write a chorus riff currently but I'm having a hard time because it seems that all I can come up with is straight eight power chords which I find too cliche. So anyway I posted it up here to see if I could get any ideas or suggestions. I'm also going to keep trying to improve it and I might post some more updated versions if I can. Thanks
Attachments:
Song 1.gpx
A lot of people here still use GP5 or even GP4 (such as me). You might get more responses if you upload the song in those formats too.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
hey man , dont worry there are some people here with gpx , including me

first off , you got a nice sound going on but the baritone is to high in the mix you might want to scale it down a bit.

your song has a nice mellow groove to the first half and the lead guitar really adds to that.

next you got the rock thing going , but the drums here are way to much in the back , and i like the licks you added at the end , wich ends quite abruptly

anyway i think this has potential to grow if you make the right tweaks and add some more stuff to it since there isnt really a structure imo.

anyway can you crit Fading Away for me ? its in my sig. thx
Quote by Emperor's Child
A lot of people here still use GP5 or even GP4 (such as me). You might get more responses if you upload the song in those formats too.

Is there any way I can upload it in GP5 form if I only have GP6 though?
Quote by MobiuZ
hey man , dont worry there are some people here with gpx , including me

first off , you got a nice sound going on but the baritone is to high in the mix you might want to scale it down a bit.

your song has a nice mellow groove to the first half and the lead guitar really adds to that.

next you got the rock thing going , but the drums here are way to much in the back , and i like the licks you added at the end , wich ends quite abruptly

anyway i think this has potential to grow if you make the right tweaks and add some more stuff to it since there isnt really a structure imo.

anyway can you crit Fading Away for me ? its in my sig. thx

Thanks, I know it ends quite abruptly because it's not finished yet. But when you say the drums are in the back, do you mean they're too low in the mix?
Uploading GP5 version.
GP6 exports GP5 sometimes with errors, so for example I had to fix the tempo change.
You can export GP5 by clicking file -> export -> GP5
Attachments:
Song 1.gp5
Quote by blacknex
Uploading GP5 version.
GP6 exports GP5 sometimes with errors, so for example I had to fix the tempo change.
You can export GP5 by clicking file -> export -> GP5

Thanks dude