Well, as the title suggests, I've been looking at 8 string guitars recently. I would mainly use it for Fusion and Jazz, so I can get wider voicings and more interesting walking bass lines. Well anyways, I wan't something that's versatile. I've been looking at Agile guitars and I've been looking at the Septor 827 MN Blue Flame which looks awesome. But, there is also a local luthier who makes extended range guitars, and they look amazing. My main problem is I don't have a whole lot of money (like usual and which is why I'm looking at the Agile's). So, I guess my question is should I get the Agile, see how much the custom luthier will charge, or check for other guitars like Schecter and Ibanez? Any help would be very appreciated. Anyways, thanks!
Agile is always a great choice, while you may also like The Schecter or Ibanez options as well. Luthiers are independent, so they'l tell you their own price for their work. ad it'll be different depending on who you go to. unless you're looking for the most specific guitar down to almost every spec, I think you should be fine with one of the more mass-produced guitars.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Thank you, I really appreciate the advice. Agile is my main choice just because they have a very long neck and they sound really good for the price. Although I have heard good stuff about the Schecter and Ibanez (although they are a bit pricier). Yeah, I still have to talk to the local luthier about prices. But, anyways, thanks again.
well, it depends on what you're looking for, Schecter have quite a few 8 strings that are priced really low, and then have their Hellraiser C-8 and Blackjak ATX C-8 guitars that are more high end. about $900 I think?

I feel like standard luthier prices will start as low as around $1500 and pretty much keep going up from there. but like I said, it depends on who it is and how well their quality is.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"