before you read this, yes, i did google this. I spent several hours on google, and I need an estimate on the repairs by 8 o clock PM, so I'm asking around at this point.

I'm looking to do some repairs to these two guitars. The Stagg will be simple, because I've been able to find the brand that made the guitar. All it needs is a new machine head, and I wanna know if i can just find a single one like the stock ones still in tact on the guitar to save a little money, or if I need to replace the whole set. On that note, I want to keep the look the same, so if I have to replace the whole set, which would be the best choice? They look similar to a less detailed version of the stock ones in a Gibson SG.

The Noble guitar is more complicated to find the parts for, but I know more about the labor I want to do for it. There are multiple companies named Noble, and the model number isn't even listed on the guitar anywhere I could see. The bridge is a unique style, and I'm just looking to replace it, or repair the parts (a few of the string saddles on the bridge are missing, and they look like nothing I have seen before). Can I simply order a new bridge in that style, or do I need to find this specific brand? For that matter, does anyone recognize it to help me find which brand it is? I could always try calling the company to buy the bridge if that's the case. Or, if worse comes to worse, is there a bridge style that will work as a substitute for it, without substituting quality? In the picture below, you can't tell, but it's semihollow, and the neck is also a smaller scale.

These aren't my guitars, I'm pricing the parts so I can do repair work for a friend, so I'm not familiar with them. I'd also be interested to find out how much the Noble guitar is worth, we spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it's worth.

Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Try looking for Hollowbody, Semi-hollow type bridges. you dont need to get the same manufacture parts, unless that is what you want.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah for the noble you could use any trapeze style bridge. The noble looks pretty old, it could be a random japanese company, there was heaps of them in the 60's and 70's. With the stagg you could just use any parts that fit
Quote by T7E
yeah for the noble you could use any trapeze style bridge. The noble looks pretty old, it could be a random japanese company, there was heaps of them in the 60's and 70's. With the stagg you could just use any parts that fit

what is a trapeze style bridge? is that like a hardtail bridge? i havent done much bridge work on anything but floyd rose, im teaching myself how to do these things with research and questions though.

and do they sell just a single tuner? i don't wanna waste a guitar center trip if i could save money buying a cheap parts guitar. if i can save money at all possible, that's pretty important to me. i just want it to look the same for him.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
alright, i looked into trapeze style bridges. what's a decent quality, but affordable brand i can use? and will the fact that the scale of the guitar is smaller affect the kind of bridge i need to use?
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
sorry for the triple post, but im looking at this one: http://m.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Tailpiece-Stop-Bar-100189816-i1128027.gc will it work? the bridge looked normal size to me, but i cant be sure until i can look at the guitar and measure it. this is the last post i'll make til someone replies, promise.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Last edited by idahoimmortal at Jul 30, 2011,
Hey go to Guitarfetish.com, I use them all the time. They have really nice hardware, pickups... everything you need to build or fix a guitar. and they are really cheap, with great CS.

It will save you a ton of money that you can keep in your pocket, not GC's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by idahoimmortal
sorry for the triple post, but im looking at this one: http://m.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Tailpiece-Stop-Bar-100189816-i1128027.gc will it work? the bridge looked normal size to me, but i cant be sure until i can look at the guitar and measure it. this is the last post i'll make til someone replies, promise.

NO that will not work, without major mods to the guitar. GFS has archtop bridges for $25ish or $30ish for a roller bridge!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
NO that will not work, without major mods to the guitar. GFS has archtop bridges for $25ish or $30ish for a roller bridge!

Which one would you recommend to keep that guitar in tune and intonation with good action, out of those 2?
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
ether will work fine, the roller bridge is more for a Bigsby stlye trem though, it gives less parts to snag the strings durring vibratos. Their tuners are also excelent, I have bought 2 sets now and they run @$26 for nice modern tuners, they even have the keystone kind like the Stagg.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Could you link me to the best choices for that guitar? I'm not sure which one I should use.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Sorry I don't know how todo the links, but I would go with the Deluxe Rosewood ABR-1 style. The chrome one.

Sorry I'm not the most computer savy!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate