I was just wondering how hard the No More Tears solo is relative to Hotel California, besides the ending which sounds slightly painful.
quite a bit harder
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
There's nothing particularly out there to be honest, especially for Zakk...it's pretty fast in parts but it's all straighforward picking and bends, the hard part is articulating things cleanly at that kind of speed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
There's nothing particularly out there to be honest, especially for Zakk...it's pretty fast in parts but it's all straighforward picking and bends, the hard part is articulating things cleanly at that kind of speed.

That end part that goes back and forth between notes would be of reasonable challenge for your left hand, unless you tap it or something
OMG I found a cool way to finger tap the ending bit where it goes 10-13 back and forth. Index finger on right and ring on left taps the E string, index right taps the B. Would this be acceptable as a starting alternative?
Quote by Privet Tovarish
OMG I found a cool way to finger tap the ending bit where it goes 10-13 back and forth. Index finger on right and ring on left taps the E string, index right taps the B. Would this be acceptable as a starting alternative?

There's more than one way to play things. As far as I'm concerned, if it sounds right, do it. Personally, I play it the way that Zakk plays it - I find it easier that way - but that's just me.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
There's more than one way to play things. As far as I'm concerned, if it sounds right, do it. Personally, I play it the way that Zakk plays it - I find it easier that way - but that's just me.

Easier than tapping?!?! haha I couldnt strum that, no way, I would struggle downstrumming it at half the pace. As for tapping, no worries
All just hammer-ons and pull-offs, if I remember the ending goes something like

e|-12-9-12-9------|
B|--------------12-9| x4 and then some other stuff. Just practice it.
Quote by Privet Tovarish
Easier than tapping?!?! haha I couldnt strum that, no way, I would struggle downstrumming it at half the pace. As for tapping, no worries

Yeah the tapping is easy too, but I just mean it's easier to do it Zakk's way in it's context in the solo. I find it much more comfortable to pick it instead of pick everything up to it and then jump into tapping.

But in all honesty, it's not too hard to pick. Just start slow and practice with a metronome and you'll get. It's the same thing over and over, just in a couple different positions.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Guitarplaya4
All just hammer-ons and pull-offs, if I remember the ending goes something like

e|-12-9-12-9------|
B|--------------12-9| x4 and then some other stuff. Just practice it.

Yessir thats right, but its not hammer on and pull offs, its supposed to be all strummed