Hey y'all!
I have a Fender Blues Jr and I have some questions about it :

- Is replacing tubes complicated on this amp ? Do I have to take it to a tech and pay him to do it ?
- Same question for the speaker
- Is it worth it upgrading the speaker ?
- Can unplugging/replugging leads while the amp is on damage the amp ? Like changing pedals and guitar...

That's all I can think of!
Thanks!
Quote by alans056
Hey y'all!
I have a Fender Blues Jr and I have some questions about it :

- Is replacing tubes complicated on this amp ? Do I have to take it to a tech and pay him to do it ?
- Same question for the speaker
- Is it worth it upgrading the speaker ?
- Can unplugging/replugging leads while the amp is on damage the amp ? Like changing pedals and guitar...

That's all I can think of!
Thanks!

No
No
No
No
Yes
No
replacing the speaker and tubes should be easy - if i can do it, anyone can do it. if your speaker has cable clips it should make it even easier because no soldering will be necessary.

do you think the speaker needs an upgrade? it really is up to you whether it's worth it or not - it's your amp.

i can't imagine unplugging your guitar and pedals and stuff can do any serious harm to the amp, it's just a horrible sound that nobody wants to hear, so you might wanna turn down the volume while you change guitars and stuff. just don't mess with the speaker cable(s) while the amp is switched on and you'll be fine.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Oh right, I thought that that horrible big noise would damage the amp and blow the tubes (sounds stupid but hey)
Quote by alans056
Oh right, I thought that that horrible big noise would damage the amp and blow the tubes (sounds stupid but hey)

Doesn't sound stupid at all, it's a reasonable question.

Turn the amp down before plugging/unplugging.

Presto! No 'horrible big noise'.
thanks a lot for the answers
I'm very happy to learn that I don't need a tech to change tubes!

I love the sound of the stock speaker, but I wonder what change a new one would make ?