I have a Laney LC30 and it sounds great, works fine most of the time but have recently been experiencing issues. Recently, after medium-length playing sessions, maybe a half hour to an hour, my amp starts fading in and out in volume. I'll be playing and it will sound fine and then the volume will drop like if someone turned down the knob for a few seconds and then come back up on its own. At first I thought my hand was hitting the volume knob on the guitar or something but not the case. I find if I turn off the amp for a while then turn it back on it behaves for a little while before doing it again. This makes me think it's an overheating issue or tube issue or something? Diagnose away.
How old is it?

Power valves may be dying. Output transformer may be dying. A component may have worked its way loose. The jacks may need resoldering.

Its hard to diagnose over the interweb.
Might be anything, like Becky said, but tubes failing would be typical. Does it only lose volume or does the amount of gain/distortion also fluctuate. If yes, that indicates a problem in the preamp, if no, it's hard to tell what's wrong.
One of my Power Tubes died, and a couple minutes before it did, I was getting major volume dips, and crackles and pops.

It's my first tube amp, so I didn't know what was going on, until I saw inside one of the power tubes and saw sparks flying.

Next time you see the volume dip, you should look into your amp if and see if your power tubes look like they are going dead.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Quote by Joe-Floyd-lover
One of my Power Tubes died, and a couple minutes before it did, I was getting major volume dips, and crackles and pops.

It's my first tube amp, so I didn't know what was going on, until I saw inside one of the power tubes and saw sparks flying.

Next time you see the volume dip, you should look into your amp if and see if your power tubes look like they are going dead.

Will do - this is also my first tube amp and I bought it used so no clue how old it is. The guy said he changed the tubes a few months before I bought it and I bought it probably last year. The gain sounds to me like it's staying the same but I'm using pedals for gain on a clean channel rather than running the amp's gain so that might be why. More research needed I guess.