Before you read on you're only gonna be able to help me if you:

1. Practice in your bedroom, small room etc.
2. Have played Fender Mustang amps.
3. Have a moustache.

I'm having trouble deciding what to do about a new amp. I'm kinda set on a Fender Mustang Amp modelling... amp... But they come in 5 versions. I don't know which to go for and I'm just wondering what you guys think.

What I currently have:

Fender Champion 110. (1x10 - 25W)

This is an amp that no matter what I buy now I will treasure forever. Its got a beautiful clean tone and isn't worth anything to sell :P
The amp spends most of the time in my bedroom on about volume level 2.5-3.5 max, unless I play at open mics and bars and stuff in which case I use it then. But not always.

The issue:

The FENDER MUSTANG comes in 5 sizes. I started looking at the biggest one (as you do).

The 5 is 150W 4x12 which is fine until you're buying new windows for the neighbours...
The 4 is 150W 2x12 so again, no.
The 3 is 100W 1x12 with LCD interface. £320
The 2 is 40W 1x12 without LCD interface. £145
The 1 is 20W 1x8 without LCD interface. £90

I'm worried about 'downgrading' in terms of power output. The 1 is just 5W less than my current (and only) amp. Is that any big deal given that my playing environment never pushes my current amp anywhere near even half its potential?
If not then the answer is obviously the 1 right?

Another thing is that theres the LCD interface thats missing from the 1 and 2 versions (this part is where the guys who've played Mustangs will know a thing or two). How much easier doe s the LCD interface make the operation of this amp? Taking into account the FUSE software, which I will be using. Is it a feature that I will miss?
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

'The dusty end, is not my friend.'
I have/had the same dilemma recently.
I have a small practice amp (Roland Cube 15x) which drives me crazy to get the settings right and even then.

So before going to tubes I wanted to go with a Mustang III.
But like you I don't need the 100w and to be honest I would have bought it solely for the endless possibilities (and the good sound).
But these modelling effects are built-in and when I finally do get to tube amps, I have to start over on a quest to get similar effects I would have got used to.
So I decided to buy a modelling processor.
But since I don't want to spend too much money on it I will look around for a used one and hopefully it will sound decent enough in combination with the cube 15X so I can get on for a little while till I get better and know what I REALLY need/want.

Maybe this is an option and a cheaper one if you don't mind used gear.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Quote by xgunterx
I have/had the same dilemma recently.
I have a small practice amp (Roland Cube 15x) which drives me crazy to get the settings right and even then.

So before going to tubes I wanted to go with a Mustang III.
But like you I don't need the 100w and to be honest I would have bought it solely for the endless possibilities (and the good sound).
But these modelling effects are built-in and when I finally do get to tube amps, I have to start over on a quest to get similar effects I would have got used to.
So I decided to buy a modelling processor.
But since I don't want to spend too much money on it I will look around for a used one and hopefully it will sound decent enough in combination with the cube 15X so I can get on for a little while till I get better and know what I REALLY need/want.

Maybe this is an option and a cheaper one if you don't mind used gear.

I've had a modelling unit. A DigiTech RP-90, I used it once and put it back in the box. I really can't get on with anything too complicated. What I want right now is an amp that doesn't have a noisy reverb channel and 0 volume means 0 volume. (2 features about my current amp). But I also don't want to buy something thats not going to last me. I'm thinking of just going with the I.
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

For a small room, 20W and an 8" speaker will go a long way. So will a hundred dollars. Save yourself the money and get the I!

I had the II, it was overkill. Sold it, got a USB keyboard, and since then got my Pathfinder. It's plenty of amp for bedroom playing, and nothing is lacking when it's miked up for recording, which would translate to PA as well.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by muso_catolico
For a small room, 20W and an 8" speaker will go a long way. So will a hundred dollars. Save yourself the money and get the I!

I had the II, it was overkill. Sold it, got a USB keyboard, and since then got my Pathfinder. It's plenty of amp for bedroom playing, and nothing is lacking when it's miked up for recording, which would translate to PA as well.

Yeah. I know its right. its just my guitarist personality wanting bigger and bloodier all the time. but yeah I know. Hmmm what can I then spend the extra £100 on??!

Love your gear list by the way. A guitar and an amp same here. 2 guitars and one amp.

You could always spend the 100 monies on modding your guitar.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Hmmm. yeah could do that... Maybee... New pickups... Or a scratchplate...

I got the I last year and i love it. it obviously wont be used then anything then bedroom practice but it pumps out enough juice to shake anything in the house at the right frequency. best of all you can get potentially any sound you want out of it. just hook it up to your computer and tweak any setting you want with the fuse software