Anyone know what kind of effect Jeff Beck is using at the start of this song, around the 30 second mark until the 1-minute mark? I can tell he's got some reverb on there obviously but after that I don't know. I'm guessing some kind of flange or modded phaser but I don't know enough about the differences to tell for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79pgPn357g
It does have a bit more warble then a chorus. i would say a flanger or even a tremolo pedal.
Never heard that female singer before, she was great! Reminds me of shade and Tori amos mixed together... great song!
Sounds like a chorus to me, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Sigh.. everyone argues here lol.

Anyway.. instead of going by ear i looked up some jeff beck gear pages.. Seems he doesn't have a chorus at all, and uses a boss Flanger BF-2.
Quote by ToXyN
Sigh.. everyone argues here lol.

Anyway.. instead of going by ear i looked up some jeff beck gear pages.. Seems he doesn't have a chorus at all, and uses a boss Flanger BF-2.

Yeah, because if some internet page says he doesn't use a chorus pedal, he sure as hell doesn't have a chorus pedal.

Quote by WtrPlyr
Yeah, because if some internet page says he doesn't use a chorus pedal, he sure as hell doesn't have a chorus pedal.

it is a flanger which is one of the few fx jeff uses. may not be stock but it is a flanger.

oh and jeff very much cares what he uses he just gives the appearence of not caring and uses as little as possible. saw him last year great show fromone of the greatest guitar players ever.
Quote by monwobobbo
it is a flanger which is one of the few fx jeff uses. may not be stock but it is a flanger.

oh and jeff very much cares what he uses he just gives the appearence of not caring and uses as little as possible. saw him last year great show fromone of the greatest guitar players ever.

People use plenty of stuff in studios that they don't use live. There have been tons of effects recorded in songs that have never been reproduced in a live scenario.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
People use plenty of stuff in studios that they don't use live. There have been tons of effects recorded in songs that have never been reproduced in a live scenario.

yeah so what's your point. jeff can and does reproduce his recorded sound live. ok so the flange sounds a little weird so it could indeed have been done with a non standard studio effect, doesn't mean it's not a flange. any other obvious points you'd like to make?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
True, but the video and the sound I posted about is clearly a live effect which he stomps on and off. So it's gotta just be a stompbox of some form, that ain't a studio rack unit.
It's chorus with the depth turned quite a lot of the way up. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.