every since i switched to a 7 string guitar, i cant use elixir anymore as its hard to find the 7 string gauge. so i was thinking of buying the 7th string(normal brand) and the normal 6 string(elixir brand) separately as i have sweaty hands and those lighter strings rust so fast its a waste to throw the lower strings when their still in good condition. Do you think it will affect my neck and do i have to adjust the action regularly if i decide to do this?

Also, if you use different brands of guitar strings together will it also affect the tension of the neck badly? sometimes i do this when i had a 6 string guitar and i wasnt sure whether it was a right thing to do...
I now have a signature
It will work, you might notice a slight diffrenc in tone from the non coated string, but it will work
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i'm pretty sure there's an Elixer 7 string set. saw it in a video, the packaging atleast.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
i'm pretty sure there's an Elixer 7 string set. saw it in a video, the packaging atleast.

yea they have it but in my area none of the shops have them what im concerned is will they change the tension drastically over time resulting in me having to adjust action/truss rod
I now have a signature
Yes. Brand matters not, at least to your neck.

It's all about tension.

Mixing gauges might affect your neck over time, though. Don't put 12's on and tune to standard E without adjusting your truss rod for it!

Otherwise do what you want.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Yes. Brand matters not, at least to your neck.

It's all about tension.

Mixing gauges might affect your neck over time, though. Don't put 12's on and tune to standard E without adjusting your truss rod for it!

Otherwise do what you want.

i have heard that guitar brands have different tensions although they have they same gauge (e.g ernie ball 9 gauge has different tension from daddario 9 gauge) can anyone verify this??
I now have a signature
The brand doesn't matter, I have atleast 2 or 3 different brands on my guitar at a time.
The gauge affects the tension.
METAL!