My wife went to a yard sale today and got the number of a guy selling a couple of amps and a guitar. The guitar in particular is a Squier Stratocaster that he wants $200 for. I wasn't there, so I don't know what he did to it, but he told my wife he paid $200 for it and put an additional $200 worth of work into it. My wife took two pictures, but one of them is just of the headstock. However, the second picture shows the back of the guitar with the plate removed. There's a 9 volt battery in the back of it.

Any idea what he did to it? I'm not much of a modder, so I can't imagine what a 9 volt battery would do. Any modification that would make it worth the $200?
Matthew 6:33

Uniting the World, One Bridge at a Time.
If it has a 9Volt battery in the back of it then he probably has EMG pickups for it. Look them up on google. Theyre really good pickups.
Quote by FullTimeFreak
If it has a 9Volt battery in the back of it then he probably has EMG pickups for it. Look them up on google. Theyre really good pickups.

They are really good pickups if you like metal. Though there are less harsh EMG's out there. David Gilmour uses a EMG loaded Strat.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
That might be it. I showed my wife a picture of an SSS strat, but she didn't remember what the pickups looked like. She said he also did something about the way you change the strings, but that's a little too vague to figure out.

So if he did put an EMG in the guitar, would it be worth $200 for the Squier? Should I give the guy a call, or just ignore it?
Matthew 6:33

Uniting the World, One Bridge at a Time.
$200 of work into it? That's about how much a pair of EMGs cost anyway. Did she send u pics of the pickups?

*EDIT* y not, miht as well call and find out
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Jul 30, 2011,
It could also be a mids boost circuit, and maybe it has locking tuners. He probably said it was easier to change the strings with them
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
It could also be a mids boost circuit, and maybe it has locking tuners. He probably said it was easier to change the strings with them

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X