When me and my mates are having little jam sessions and what-nots I tend to get a bit tooo "into it" and start sligning and dropping my guitar...alot. My friends say I get a little insane when we've been playing for so long and Im wondering if any of you have dabbled in instrument/stage instruction. Ive broken my drummers cymbals and bass drum before and smashed my old Squier Strat.lol
Anyone else out there get a little carried away during playing or am I just mental?
Last edited by NihilistNixon at Jul 30, 2011,
Quote by NihilistNixon
When me and my mates are having little jam sessions and what-nots I tend to get a bit tooo "into it" and start sligning and dropping my guitar...alot. My friends say I get a little insane when we've been playing for so long and Im wondering if any of you have dabbled in instrument/stage instruction. Ive broken my drummers cymbals and bass drum before and smashed my old Squier Strat.lol
Anyone else out there get a little carried away during playing or am I just mental?

Hell no man, I play my guitar.

besides that breaking shit onstage has been cliche for about 40 years.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
Hell no man, I play my guitar.

besides that breaking shit onstage has been cliche for about 40 years.

I cant really help it. I start moving around, then that turns into jumping around...and that turns into "Hey ****er you owe 400 $"
I have to disagree.If I go see a live band and they stand there, not hardly moving, not really do anything, and look pissed off Im not going to enjoy that show. If they are making little mistakes because they are trying to put on a show or are up there having a balst, i will leave pretty happy.
If you're not sponsored with guitars or have a shit load of money, then I see no point in breaking anything.

The most "insane" I get is jump around and be me.
Hell no. Who the hell does that to their kit anymore?

There's a difference between putting on a good show, and breaking your/other peoples equipment. A BIG difference.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Well if you're doing it during jam sessions/practice and not during a live performance, yeah that's just stupid. Even doing it during a show is stupid. If you're flailing about and dropping your guitar and stuff, I'm betting that your playing sounds like shit during your theatrics. If you wanna do it, save it for the last song or something.
Quote by Miiiiks
If you're not sponsored with guitars or have a shit load of money, then I see no point in breaking anything.

The most "insane" I get is jump around and be me.

Thats what my friends tell me, but its not the end of teh world if a smash a guitar. Money comes and goes.lol

Thats how it starts for me, the it gets outta hand.
one time when i was drunk, i went to put my guitar on it's stand, which is homemade and hangs about 6 feet off the ground. i missed and it fell and broke a tuning peg. that counts right? i'm hardcore.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by neversleeps84
Well if you're doing it during jam sessions/practice and not during a live performance, yeah that's just stupid. Even doing it during a show is stupid. If you're flailing about and dropping your guitar and stuff, I'm betting that your playing sounds like shit during your theatrics. If you wanna do it, save it for the last song or something.

Its not like a planned out thing, its more of "in the moment". And during jam sessions, we arent to0 concerned about getting things perfect at all. I try to alter songs mid-way through because those little new bist usually turn into completly new songs.
Last edited by NihilistNixon at Jul 30, 2011,
Quote by BurningTurkey
one time when i was drunk, i went to put my guitar on it's stand, which is homemade and hangs about 6 feet off the ground. i missed and it fell and broke a tuning peg. that counts right? i'm hardcore.

Dude..youre a wild-man.lol
Quote by NihilistNixon
Thats what my friends tell me, but its not the end of teh world if a smash a guitar. Money comes and goes.lol

Thats how it starts for me, the it gets outta hand.

I would have to save years for another Prestige
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by NihilistNixon
I cant really help it. I start moving around, then that turns into jumping around...and that turns into "Hey ****er you owe 400 $"
I have to disagree.If I go see a live band and they stand there, not hardly moving, not really do anything, and look pissed off Im not going to enjoy that show. If they are making little mistakes because they are trying to put on a show or are up there having a balst, i will leave pretty happy.

well I go to concerts to listen. The jumping around thing is a nonfactor for me. I mean if its cool I can dig it, but not at the expense of what Id be listening to.
and seeing someone smash the guitar up. My thoughts..... "that again?.... that's old"

anyway you asked for our opinion. I gave mine.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jul 30, 2011,
Quote by NihilistNixon

Yep.
It was cool when Pete Townshend did it, but we get it now.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
If you smash a guitar/bass/drums/flute whatever, you're an absolute spastic.

If you build a shit guitar for yourself, only then are you allowed smash it up.

I can't remember who said it, but

"Smashing a guitar is like buying a sports car and driving it into a wall. It's rude and vulgar. Someone put their time and effort into building it"

Or something to that effect.
I've never broken my guitar/smashed it for effect on purpose, but sometimes during climaxes of songs I've taken it off and thrown it into things just because of excitement. They're my guitars, I'll do whatever I want with them.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by NihilistNixon
Its not like a planned out thing, its more of "in the moment". And during jam sessions, we arent to0 concerned about getting things perfect at all. I try to alter songs mid-way through because those little new bist usually turn into completly new songs.

I don't know what you're expecting people to say, it just sounds like you're a dick
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by shmeegle
If you smash a guitar/bass/drums/flute whatever, you're an absolute spastic.

If you build a shit guitar for yourself, only then are you allowed smash it up.

I can't remember who said it, but

"Smashing a guitar is like buying a sports car and driving it into a wall. It's rude and vulgar. Someone put their time and effort into building it"

Or something to that effect.

I'm sure the stores like it when people smash guitars and then come and buy another one.

@NihilistNixon: Do you buy your band replacement instruments, because if you don't then you're a dick
Last edited by 37 Narwhals at Jul 31, 2011,
Hell no
I dont have the extra cash to go buy more. Try to keep my guitars in tip top shape!
Though i do get the occasional bump, and nic. on stage by running into someone/something.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by Forkman
I've never broken my guitar/smashed it for effect on purpose, but sometimes during climaxes of songs I've taken it off and thrown it into things just because of excitement. They're my guitars, I'll do whatever I want with them.

Thats the way I see it. But on the part of me damaging bandmate's I see it as whatever. Maybe Im a dick but Im not being in a band to stand around and look polite and I hope thats not how the band feels either.
Quote by NihilistNixon
Thats the way I see it. But on the part of me damaging bandmate's I see it as whatever. Maybe Im a dick but Im not being in a band to stand around and look polite and I hope thats not how the band feels either.

No, presumably you're in a band to play music. What part of 'play music' does 'smash the instruments' fall under?
Quote by NihilistNixon

You're obviously not getting the point. Smash your own guitar if you want; you paid for it and you'll be responsible for replacing it. But when you start smashing your band mates' instruments, you're just being a dick.

And there's a world of difference between "just standing there" and causing hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of damage. You don't have to be a violent destructive idiot to put on a show. Move around, headbang, dance, jump off of amps if you must, but damaging everyone's instruments is just barbaric and rude.

If one of my band mates ever broke one of my instruments on purpose, I'd kick his ass. If he made a habit of it, I'd kick his ass out of the band.
Quote by Winter Sky

If one of my band mates ever broke one of my instruments on purpose, I'd kick his ass.

This.
I would literally rip their throat out.

I worked hard to be able to buy my own equipment, and I'll be damned if some asshole is going to ruin it.

To the OP: You're not "mental" or cool because you're "in the moment"; you're just a ****ing idiot. Get ****ed.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Um... I'm gonna say you're a bit insane...

You can tell when I've gone insane while playing, because I stare at me first fret and shake my head dispassionately at it.
It's pretty clear that OP is just trolling at this point, but I just have to say that destroying instruments is one of the stupidest, rudest and un-classiest things you can possibly do. It is the antithesis to music and was never, ever cool.
Quote by Arby911
No, presumably you're in a band to play music. What part of 'play music' does 'smash the instruments' fall under?

The cool badboy part.
Quote by NihilistNixon
USA USA USA

you're from the ukraine. don't insult my country.

Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
I broke a tunning peg on a dresser hang banging and snapped my whammy bar. That's about it. Oh wait I smashed a pos 90 dollar washburn for slicing my finger open due to a obsurdly sharp fret. I don't cout that as a real instrument though.