Page 1 of 2
What do you think UG will be like in 20-30 years? Let's say some users stay around when they have grown up and have families and stuff. How will the dynamics change? How will the overall humor of the Pit change? Other stuff?

Since most users on here are teenagers and people in their early twenties, I was wondering how this will change as we grow up. Seeing as how we are the first generation that will have grown up with social networking and online identities, I was interested in how this will affect UG.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
It will be filled with a different generation of virgins.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
tech would be advanced to the point where we can masturbate eachother, so there'd be a lot of 'help me cum' threads.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
In 20 years time, the '30ers will be calling out the '31ers for being the most retarded of UGers.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The Drug thread will probably be changed to the bingo thread and the relationship thread will turn into the golf thread.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
I've "grown up" since being on this site, and the only thing that's changed is that I care less lol
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by darkstar2466
In 20 years time, the '30ers will be calling out the '31ers for being the most retarded of UGers.

Also, holy **** Dreadnought. You've been here for nearly a decade?!
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by carlos_almighty

word
My God, it's full of stars!
we'll have to ask wahappen how things have changed in his 30 years here.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
the pit was much better back before profiles and myspace were around
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
i wonder what certain UGers will be doing then anyway? maybe some of us will be super famous rock stars. and wouldn't it be delightfully ironic if Eric_Fail ended up owning a pizzeria? or what if Woffelz ends up being a detective who investigates cases involving pedophiles? or what if zgr0826 goes to live with the Amish? or what if Fassa ends up tracking down Neil Peart and kidnapping him? or what if Jewchords becomes the president of Israel and Carmel becomes the prime minister? i'll probably be dead/committed by then, so i probably won't find out. but it's still so exciting to consider the possibilities.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
People will be bitching about how shitty pop music is and wondering why people don't listen to classics like Skrillex.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
People will be bitching about how shitty pop music is and wondering why people don't listen to classics like Skrillex.

You don't like listening to robot noises for three minutes?
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Eggmond
the pit was much better back before profiles and myspace were around

Your avatar will still give me nightmares.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I'll be making threads asking the common people about what they'd like to see in their country, considering I'll be Chairman of the United States by then.
Quote by laid-to-waste
tech would be advanced to the point where we can masturbate eachother, so there'd be a lot of 'help me cum' threads.

I would participate.
I've actually gotten younger since i've joined.

I can say with some experience that you will all be exactly the same, but with lamer haircuts and clothes.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by due 07
SeveralSpecies will be the new Jackal58.

Don't know how I feel about this....
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Don't know how I feel about this....

don't worry, you're 22. it'll be at least 492 years until you're old enough for that.
Quote by Dreadnought
I've "grown up" since being on this site, and the only thing that's changed is that I care less lol

Quote by carlos_almighty

While Dreadnought has a few years on me, The same sentiment applies for me.
Age wise, I'm in Jackal58's territory.

So I care even less.
I initially thought the question was "Will you be on UG in 20-30 years from now?"

Pffff, no

Though they'll be using my posts as evidence.
It'll be a site we won't understand or care about anymore.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
I'll be making threads like
"back in my day, there were guitars that you play with your fingers"
Then all the lil kids will be like
"WWWOOOOOOOOWWWW"
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Kids will be coming to GG&A asking why their Spider XVII sounds like a hive of angry bees when they set it to Insane and set the gain to 11.
I pride myself on my humility.
The site will probably have its name changed to something like...

I dunno

ultimate-autotune.com
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
In 30 years we'll have electric electric guitars. In other words, a touch screen in the shape of a guitar and all you have to do is touch the fret and it'll make that sound. Like a tablet computer only guitar.

In other words, no Pit.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
I can see the pit getting deleted if it gets too much like fagchan.
Well, I'd be surprised if forums still existed in 20-30 years. Unless UG evolves with the technology, some other site will take over and UG will be phased out. I think there will just be a better system for thousands of people to have discussions on the internet by then. I don't know what that will be, but there will be something better than forums.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
I think its bad enough just thinking about how much time I've already spent here, let alone looking at how much more will be spent in the future. Been fun watching this sucker grow and evolve though hasn't it?
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Page 1 of 2