Hey, just a random question, will standing my amp on end have any adverse affects to components inside?

Its easier for me to have it this way where we practice, its a solid state amp as my tube amp needs servicing

Thanks Guys.

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
Depends, which side?

If it's on the right side, it will tend to be a little sharp, and a little flat if it's on the left...
Just the response I was looking for.....

I was just asking if the tranny and stuff will be alright?

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
should be perfectly fine.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
the electronics definitely won't suffer by this (if everything's wired/glued/screwed properly and if it's solid-stater amp [which you said it is])

the only problem would be if something was loose inside and it could fall off when you tilt the amp, but that's unlikely (also you'd hear sounds while moving the amp)
Quote by Arby911
Depends, which side?

If it's on the right side, it will tend to be a little sharp, and a little flat if it's on the left...

I love you
Quote by dann_blood
Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
better vertical harmonic alignment never hurts the tone.

i just wiped my ass with that and threw it back at you.

eww

Quote by sean1784
I was just asking if the tranny and stuff will be alright?

everything should be just fine. i have run across quite a number of people running very strange 'sideways' setups. i bought my leslie model 16 from a dude who sat in ON TOP OF a sidesways silverface twin. it looked silly, but it sounded good and it worked which was the point (evidently it was a not uncommon way to run a leslie 16 back in the day).
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
It's good to play it on it's side every now and then.
It lines the crystal lettuce up better and allows those fragile harmonics to move more freely.
Remember, free moving Harmonics are happy harmonics. Happy harmonics sound better.
It's a fact.
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Jul 30, 2011,
Quote by gumbilicious
i just wiped my ass with that and threw it back at you.

you clearly know nothing of toan.
I prefer how amps sound when upside down, now thats not very practical on stage so what I do is get propped upside down on a dolly to make my tone better
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
It sounds the best when all the members of your band have the same size amp. So if you need to turn it over to make it a little taller, well, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
I hate to be serious here but ........ some really old tubes used to be fussy about their orientation but nothing you'll find in a guitar amp will care. Transformers don't give a crap how they are oriented.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I hate to be serious here but ........ some really old tubes used to be fussy about their orientation but nothing you'll find in a guitar amp will care. Transformers don't give a crap how they are oriented.

dude maybe back in the 50s when you were young, but now no-one cares about your orientation

not that there's anything wrong with that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
On a serious note, if you get your cabinet off its casters and flush with the floor, you could totally get a better bass response.

But the fragile harmonics won't flow as well, it's really up to you TS
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."