Hi! I just got into foot stomping while playing and I think it will help my rhythm alot.
Somehow some phrases are hard to play while stomping.

Do you guys have some tips on how to stomp while playing fast and more complicated phrases?

Thanks a lot!
Tap your toes instead?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Are you talking about about whole leg movement stomping or foot tapping? If it's the former I can't say much other than you should probably tone it down if you're technique suffers.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Stomping will not help your internal rhythm, my guitar teacher doesn't even want me to bob my head to music. Try and feel the beat of the music rather than stomp your foot.

Also, a metronome will work wonders.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Quote by iron_maiden93
Stomping will not help your internal rhythm, my guitar teacher doesn't even want me to bob my head to music. Try and feel the beat of the music rather than stomp your foot.

Also, a metronome will work wonders.

Well, that's quite the opposite to what my teacher taught me

We played some 7/8, 11/8 and 13/8 stuff while stomping our feet.

I don't really like stomping my foot but a basic 7/8 stomping pattern goes like following:

1 2 1 2 1 2 3

stomping at every 1. Try playing any motif with that.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Why the hell would you NOT bob your head/tap your foot?

Seriously, give me a good reason.

Your teacher is an idiot.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by mckaymental
Hi! I just got into foot stomping while playing and I think it will help my rhythm alot.
Somehow some phrases are hard to play while stomping.

Do you guys have some tips on how to stomp while playing fast and more complicated phrases?

Thanks a lot!

Watch and learn!

But it's the same thing as tapping your foot, it's just a bit more exaggerated. All you need to do is practice playing them slower and build up speed. You're having two different rhythms going on and your body is conflicted on which one to follow and choosing the foot tapping.

Practice to a metronome, while you stomp your foot to the beat and slowly build up speed. You'll have it in no time.
Heel toe?

Sorry, drums is my second instrument.. But usually the only odd meters I play on is 7/8 and 5/8. Usually I'll just stomp on the downbeat and bob my head on the "extra" note (the 7th note in a 7/8 bar). That tends to keep me flowing pretty well.
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#