I'm looking for a place where I can buy old/vintage boomboxes. For some reason I've been obsessed with them lately. I don't know if thrift stores or pawn shops are the best bet.
Example: (Invalid img)
I live in the LA area if anyone knows specific places.
Thanks, PitDwellers
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Ebay.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
It is easier to find a time machine and get one in the past than to obtain one right here and now.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Most thrift stores should have one or two lying around wherever they keep electronics, though most of the time I see slightly more modern boomboxes (I wanted to get a ghettoblaster like that once, failed). Ebay's always a solid bet.

Quote by Dirge Humani
I tried to find a picture of Marty McFly from the opening sequence of Back to the Future, because he was holding one, and I could have made a sweet time travel joke.

But 5 seconds of googling didn't turn up a picture, so I gave up.

I feel you bro. Many a clever pictorial-reponse have been foiled that way.
Look out, a boombox is not a toy.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Vox VT-20+

You should've told me sooner, TS. I had about 3 sitting in my room and I blew them up on the 4th of July. Srs.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Seems like there are a lot of threads here that are asking "where to find (insert trendy retro thingy here)", like they're rare or something. I have a stereo with a turntable, AM/FM and dual cassette decks, $5 at Goodwill. This stuff is easy to find if you know where to look.

Pawn shops, Goodwill, Salvation Army, flea markets...
Quote by ethan_hanus
I have a few from the 80's, coolest things ever, and stupidly loud for having such small speaker, but it weighs a ton.

Pawn shops is your best bet, or ebay.

blah blah blah
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
becomeing the fresh prince?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I've seen loads at pawnshops. You might need to replace a part but google can help you diagnose a problem. Ask if it works. If they don't know if it works, it doesn't, and ask for it cheap and say you might be able to use it for parts.
this is really nice , very cool hack and it totally looks pro , except the reset standby switches , those are junk ! it looks like the one on the right already broke off !

http://stereophonik.com/gutterslide/boomboxPC/

if you ever see one of these , grab it , they are amazing . i demo'ed one ONCE when i was a kid . they have an ambiance feature thats mind blowing if you are in the sweet spot . this is a very high quality machine , the sound quality is top notch :

http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/boombox/graphics/panasonic-rx5050.jpg