Page 1 of 4
From the 60s-70s
Music that you KNOW was good, and had nothing to do with opinion
What happened to all the soul?

Obviously there's still good music out there today, but what happened that turned music into mostly pure capitalism?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
From the 60s-70s

Obviously there's still good music out there today, but what happened that turned music into mostly pure capitalism?

The harsher and disciplined stance on drugs.

And the death of the movement of rights in the english speaking world.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
ITT: TS ranting about how he can't broaden his tastes in music to encompass more than one genre.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
It all got written now shut up.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
listen to la dispute and cage the elephant and maybe some foals if you have the time. Thats all anyone needs!
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
in the 60's 70's there were still a lot of bad bands, but only the good ones are remember, its the same for every decade.
so the 2000's would be remembered as having awesome bands in 2040 because they would only remember/hear about the good ones.
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
in the 60's 70's there were still a lot of bad bands, but only the good ones are remember, its the same for every decade.
so the 2000's would be remembered as having awesome bands in 2040 because they would only remember/hear about the good ones.

This.
Quote by SKArface McDank
From the 60s-70s

They all sucked back then, therefore your post is void.
ITT: Too many ITTs.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Saying "where has the good music gone", is a bit like saying where have all the bad wars gone, contrast is that music has always been good in the way war is bad, it just evolves
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Quote by Unourrit01
youre right. once the 80s hit, every human being lost their soul.

I don't know why, but this made me lol.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Quote by due 07
Music is better now than it has ever been.

Damn straight, I hate people like TS, such utter twats.
ITT: what happened to the soul

I listen to more current bands than classic bands..

My thoughts were that there was more soul being put into rock blues r&b etc. back before entertainment was what it is today.
Reality shows and mindless bullshit entertainment for the most part.
Where I could believe that they werent just trying to get famous and make a bunch of cash, they were just doing their thing
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jul 30, 2011,
Good music died with John Bonham.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by SKArface McDank
ITT: what happened to the soul

I listen to more current bands than classic bands..

My thoughts were that there was more soul being put into rock blues r&b etc. back before entertainment was what it is today.
Reality shows and mindless bullshit entertainment for the most part.
Where I could believe that they werent just trying to get famous and make a bunch of cash, they were just doing their thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozqfOzqMvlQ

Oh yeah, so much soul went into this.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozqfOzqMvlQ

Oh yeah, so much soul went into this.

you knew exactly the song I was talking about
- Carl Sagan
The Bouncing Souls.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The music you seek is still being made. Seek it, you must. Great truth revealed, will be.
Good music was taken away during the rapture , a few months ago.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by Good_Lord
Good music was taken away during the rapture , a few months ago.

Oh you.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by tissue-box
listen to la dispute and cage the elephant and maybe some foals if you have the time. Thats all anyone needs!

This man speaks the truth. Bands are still making great music. Sometimes you just have to dig.
During the time period you mentioned, music reviewers controlled what was 'good' music. Hence The Beatles popularity. With the invention of the internet, people can form their own opinions before it's even reviewed.

Plus, most 'old' music is awful. Just die already, old man. The earth belongs to the young.
Most "old music" is soul-sappingly awful. The fact that you think that there's no good music being made nowadays just shows that you aren't looking.
Page 1 of 4