So I was retuning my guitar the other day and I got to my A string and the pitch wouldn't go up no matter what I did, but then the tuning knob became extremely tight and impossible to turn. I loosened the string quite a bit and tried again. This time I got the same result. So I took the string off and was twisting the knob without the string and it was working completely fine. I then put on another string and with the string barely tightening the knob once again became impossible to turn. I really have no idea what to do or what's causing this. Any help on what to do would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by geanes
A friend made me teach him how to masturbate.
The only thing I can think of is that you are putting an extremely heavy gauge string on by accident, or that the tuning peg mechanism doesn't work under pressure for some reason.

I can't think of anything else it could be, but I've never heard of this problem before.
Ok this might have something to do with it. I noticed that the peg itself moves about a quarter turn fairly easily without the string on it and about an eighth turn with the string on it, and I'm moving it by hand.

Originally posted by geanes
A friend made me teach him how to masturbate.
Quote by notthealmighty
Ok this might have something to do with it. I noticed that the peg itself moves about a quarter turn fairly easily without the string on it and about an eighth turn with the string on it, and I'm moving it by hand.

Your tuning peg gears are worn out.