Hey all,

I have PRS standard 24, it's the 20th anniversary model which is in a satin charcoal finish.

My problem is that before every gig i have to apply some guitar polish to the entire body, as it really brings out the depth of the charcoal finish, almost 3D like!

I'm wondering if there is a product that can be used to keep my guitar looking like its just been polished, or whether I'll just have to keep temporarily polishing it before gigs.

Cheers,

Dave
Hmmm, not sure if this will work, but when i repainted my warlock, i used rubbing compound to get the finish real shiny...its basically the same principle as buffing a floor.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
i guess you'd have to keep on polishing then as i dont think you want to refinish your prs
Just play it, after a while satin goes glossy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Depends how the satin has been applied.

A satin clear coat has flattening agents in it which cause the light not to reflect causing the satin finish, if you buff the finish the flattening agent is still in the finish and so you will never obtain a gloss finish.

But if the clear coat has no flat flattening agent in it but the surface has been rubbed down with 0000 steel wool to create the satin finish then you could buff the finish to a high gloss.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I've started just that on this one. Still need to finish it. Only the upper half of the top is done.

If you'd like more info on how I'm doing this just let me know.
I'm sure there are different finishes on different models but I had a satin prs that got shiny just from my arm and hand wearing the finish down. I'm almost sure it could be buffed.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.