Are you, or have you ever been, fanatical about something?
Do you idolise someone?
Do you think it's important to have an idol, and for what reason?

I don't think I've ever been fanatical or idolised anyone. I admire people for their work and achievements, but that admiration doesn't really extend to the point of wanting to become that person or anything like that. I sometimes feel that I might be missing out on something.
Btbam
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I've never wanted to become someone like the op mentions but if I have admiration for someone I tend to learn as much as I can about them.
Not sure if this counts, but I have a huge man-crush on Anthony Green; that guy is inspirational as f u ck.
Eh. I've looked up to a number of people and I get a little over-excited about certain movies, bands, whatever, but not really idolization. Other than Luke Skywalker when I was a kid.
I never idolized someone.

I don't think it is necessary to have an idol, I am my own checkmark , I learn from and by myself most of the time.

But I do have some artists from wich I like to learn a thing or two.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I don't idolize, but there are people whose ideas and philosophies I find to be perfect for me, so I strive to follow their example in a way.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
la dispute+at the drive-in < so much love
Tom Delonge < wish i was him
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
Only if were counting John Frusciante.
"Tuning... who the f*** needs tuning?!"
Quote by tissue-box
la dispute+at the drive-in < so much love
Tom Delonge < wish i was him

My buddy showed me La Dispute a while ago. They're a pretty unique band.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Even idols have imperfections so no. But some have traits, lifestyles, perfected techniques, or individual styles that I try and emulate because they appeal to me (and others).
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I completely idolize Hizaki from Versailles:

I don't think I've ever idolized anyone as much Hizaki.

Besides being the hottest guy I have ever seen, I absolutely love his playing style, which for me is a perfect mix of just about every genre that I love.
i was in a band with a kid who tried to be John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Bob Dylan, and Sid Vicious all at the same time. he sucked at making music.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Andrew C. S.
who dat?

Well he certainly looks like that homeless man from The Wire.

EDIT: I just remembered that I don't remember whether he was homeless or not, I'm thinking not.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Last edited by Xodah at Jul 31, 2011,
Bam Margera from age 13 to 15. I still watch everything he puts out, but that was sooooo lame.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Bam Margera from age 13 to 15. I still watch everything he puts out, but that was sooooo lame.
did you ever stand in line so he could slap you in the face?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug