Hey guys, just looking for some thoughts. No need to go into an in-depth crit or anything, just your impressions.

I transcribed this into TuxGuitar and then saved as GP so hopefully the sounds aren't all screwed up in Guitar Pro. It's named BTBAM because I listened to the beginning piano riff in their new album (I think it was Specular Reflections) and it spawned the intro of this song which in turn spawned the rest of it. Once I got to the point where it ends, I kind of lost my train of direction for the piece.

Wrote the intro on piano but swapped it to bass for this. Might change it back if I throw in piano later on.

This is the first time I've ever tried writing for drums so any advice is welcome. (I threw in the triangle in the drums just for the hell of it)

Anyways, just leave a comment if you feel up to it.
Attachments:
BTBAM.gp5
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Last edited by FacetOfChaos at Jul 30, 2011,
Quote by ArreatsChozen

Yeah, it isn't anywhere near complete yet. I just kind of lost my direction for the piece once I got to that point. so it's still a work in progress.

With that beginning few bars of solo I was actually aiming for a kind of off-kilter, dissonant sound. That whole solo was supposed so be kind of out there.

Perhaps I could carry that rhythmic pattern over but flesh it out and experiment with it. Might use an abrupt modulation after that last diminished run before the song "ends" to keep it from getting stale. Excellent, excellent...

I think I've listened to that one before actually. Time to take a more focused look
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Quote by dylann
why 8/8 timming lol it has a straight 4/4 rythm not 8/8

...yeah I hadn't given that a second thought. I think I was planning to write something in 8/8 but then didn't and just left it. The pulses don't fit with 8/8 really until measure 30. Could definitely still have stronger pulse on it but it does align.

So basically I forgot and then just left it
Quote by DiminishedFifth