Why dont you take off the plate hiding the model number? Regardless, HNLSD!!(happy new lap steel day) Shes purty
if you take it of watch out for any old electronics underneath. if this baby has some kind of pickup around there then that might be breaking when de-constructing.
something about those old guitars hits me on the inside and at those moments i am always a little touched i just love the look of them.
Last edited by wolvenrick at Jul 31, 2011,
it is a 1947 Gibson BR-4 vintage lap steel guitar....seems to be in great condition! This model is often confused with the BR-3 because they look almost identical the only difference is the BR-4 has a white binding on the body and completely clear volume knobs. This guitar model was only sold for 1 year so i am going to look after it well.
Quote by philipmarchand
for me the price doesn't matter much because i am not planning to sell it, but i picked it up for $500. It seemed like a great deal to me because i am going to spend many hours a day playing it.

there's a '58 gibson korina lap steel going for a fair bit more than that in one of my local shops - seems like you got a good deal

i wonder why vintage lap steel guitar prices haven't inflated so much, then....?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
ya you would think they would have...but i'm sure if you find the right person they would be willing to spend a lot :P either way 500 was a steal! The salesman did not know what model it was or anything so he just made up a price on the spot which worked out to be my benefit.
Quote by Blompcube
there's a '58 gibson korina lap steel going for a fair bit more than that in one of my local shops - seems like you got a good deal

i wonder why vintage lap steel guitar prices haven't inflated so much, then....?

Because not that many people play lap steels to begin with.