when i look level with the strings and i push down hard on the whammy the G string comes up for some reason.......why? also, playing frets on the g string(well technically D because im tuned 2.5 steps down) was sounding a bit weird. like not as sharp and clear as it's supposed to be. kind of fuzzy. i restrung it a little over a week ago, by myself. it was the first time i did anything with the FR. this is my 1st guitar w/ an FR. i think i did pretty well with it and it wasnt as much trouble as i thought it would be. but i must've done something wrong with that string. maybe i put it in the saddle wrong...?
Quote by supersac
the g string will do that
also if youre going to tune down you might need thicker strings

i've got Daddario .11-.56's on it
Quote by supersac
the g string will do that
also if youre going to tune down you might need thicker strings

You really should have at least a 12-52 for that tuning(none of that 13-56 bullshit from ernie ball cause the unwound G causes tuning issues). A wound G string will keep more clarity for it.
Quote by xSacrilegex
You really should have at least a 12-52 for that tuning(none of that 13-56 bullshit from ernie ball cause the unwound G causes tuning issues). A wound G string will keep more clarity for it.

Uhh, first off it's 12-56 by Ernie Ball. Secondly, I almost exclusively use that set in Drop B/Bb and I've never had a single issue with my G string holding tune... I think you need to learn how to restring a guitar properly.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
They must be, literally!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.