I might be getting an ibanez rg2ex1 to replace my epiphone sg since a rather unfortunate accident happened to it that screwed up the tone of it.I would like to here some opinions on the ibanez i play primarily metal and metalcore and i play through an ashdown G60r.
What's your budget
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
A heavy pot fell off a shelf and seriously ****ed it up soundwise and plus it took some wood out of the side of the guitar
Ibanez makes good guitars, but I'd be concerned about the neck profile. Ibanez has one of, if not the slimmest neck profile around, and Gibson/Epiphone is quite the opposite. Try before you buy.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
That sucks man! I thought you were going to say it had a wiring issue or something else that could be easily fixed. For that budget ibanez or schecter will give you the most bang for your buck if your buying new. I highly suggest trying to find something a little nicer used tho.
Im planning on going used anyway I found the ibanez that i mentioned for about $190 used so Im going to check out some ibanez's and schecters and decide what would be best to buy.
Go used is my nr.1 advise; just be sure to read up on how to set up a guitar properly. The one thing you need to pay attention to the most when buying a used guitar is how worn the frets are. If they have massive dents in them, you don't want to buy it lest you want to pay for a refret (or if your lucky, just a fret leveling job).

For $300 I would advise you look in to the older, Made in Japan Ibanez's from the 90's. They are amazing guitars and some of them are better than the current Prestige's, especially the one's with Lo Pro trems. That's also something you have to keep in mind; 90% of Ibby guitars have a trem and your Epiphone doesn't so you will have to get used to a floating bridge. Some people hate it, some love it, some bear it.

Schecter necks are a bit bigger and have a more rounded profile so this would be closer to home when it comes to your Epiphone, however that doesn't say you wouldn't like the Ibby necks. Remember, it's about neck profile, not thickness. Also keep in mind that $190 would leave you some cash for mods; particularly pickups.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Ibanez RG 7 EXFX (27'' scale, 2x EMG 707)

Amp:
Mesa/Boogie Studio .20 Caliber

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX