Alright,

So I play everything from 90s rock, to Megadeth.

Which sounds the best in your opinion out of these amps/is the better deal.

Peavey Valveking 2x12

or

Bugera 6262 2x12

Any personal experiences, and reasons would be great too.
The Bugera is gonna be better soundwise, but they have some durability/reliability issues. Apparently they've been getting better but still.

The Valveking I haven't really heard that many good things about. It's just pretty meh.

The 6262 is a clone of the Peavey 5150 except with a better clean channel.

I'd go for the 6262.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
The Bugera is gonna be better soundwise, but they have some durability/reliability issues. Apparently they've been getting better but still.

The Valveking I haven't really heard that many good things about. It's just pretty meh.

The 6262 is a clone of the Peavey 5150 except with a better clean channel.

I'd go for the 6262.

+1
Just dont lose the warranty.
I've had my bugera nearly a year with no problems. They are bringing out a new infinium range so I would definitely hold out until they release them.

The 6262 will arguably own the valveking in every aspect.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
The Bugera is a much better amp than the VK. I'm pretty happy with mine.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Id say the bugera but Id look into used 5150/6505s first, Bugeras are made by women and children in sweatshops, peaveys are made by overpayed americans.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Are they your only options? I would think something like a Bugera 1990 would suit you better than a 6262.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
Are they your only options? I would think something like a Bugera 1990 would suit you better than a 6262.

Yeah I think I misread what he said.

TS it may be overkill for your tastes. Maybe something like peavey ultra, XXX or classic may suit your needs more..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by PetetheIII
Alright,

So I play everything from 90s rock, to Megadeth.

Which sounds the best in your opinion out of these amps/is the better deal.

Peavey Valveking 2x12

or

Bugera 6262 2x12

Any personal experiences, and reasons would be great too.

Any reason you settled for these 2 choices?? What's your budget?
The 6262 isnt the best amp for what your looking for. If you wanna go Bugera the 333XL will be more of what you want. Id actually take the Valveking for what you want to play. What is your Budget?
My goal is to spend under 500. I can get a vk for 350 and a bugera for 400. Both are in good condition. If you have any idea for something else that is good, let me know. I don't care if its used or not, as long as it works haha.
Last edited by PetetheIII at Aug 1, 2011,
Quote by PetetheIII
My goal is to spend under 500. I can get a vk for 350 and a bugera for 400. Both are in good condition. If you have any idea for something else that is good, let me know. I don't care if its used or not, as long as it works haha.

Consider with the valveking you will likely wanna do some upgrades on it. A speaker swap helps it tremendously. So that may be more money.
I think the ValveKing would be the better of the two for what you play. The 6262 is extremely high gain, which doesn't sound like what you want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
For rock and thrash, I would vote for the Valveking, and a proper overdrive pedal. It's super-modable as well.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by guitarpatrick66
Consider with the valveking you will likely wanna do some upgrades on it. A speaker swap helps it tremendously. So that may be more money.

i haven't messed around with any bugera's much, but i have a feeling they would need a speaker swap just as much as a valveking, so i am not sure that is a valid argument.

both ideally would probably need non-factory tubes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i haven't messed around with any bugera's much, but i have a feeling they would need a speaker swap just as much as a valveking, so i am not sure that is a valid argument.

both ideally would probably need non-factory tubes.

They both need a speaker swap but I feel the stock speaker holds the valveking back much more than it does the 333xl. I sincerely hate the valveking stock speaker. Agree about both needing new tubes.

For said reasons about swapping the speaker out on the valveking and 333xl i would consider the 1x12 valveking. It would be cheaper yet its still plenty loud and it would cut the cost of getting new speakers in half.
Bugeras are FIXED. get the bugera, better sound quality for close to or less then the cost of a valveking
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I think TS wants a drier tone then the xxx/5150. Maybe try the 1990.

Just my opinion though.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
The 1990 would nail it, but it's head only. Pick up a 2x12 and you would be set. I love my 1990.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by EspTro
Bugeras are FIXED. get the bugera, better sound quality for close to or less then the cost of a valveking

They will never be properly fixed, stop promoting them by saying this.
Yes some people have had a bugera and had no issues to speak of but theres a huge number of people that have, alot more than most companies that manufacture tube amps.
There problems will never be gone, seriously think about it, say you by a 6262 for what like half the cost of a peavey 6505 new.
Now some of the money for the 6505 is for it being made in the states and what not, but not even close to all of it.
Bugera takes every cost cutting shotcut they can make/get away with.
There im done ranting now I feel so much better, I havent had an anti-bugera rant for awhile
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Yes some people have had a bugera and had no issues to speak of but theres a huge number of people that have, alot more than most companies that manufacture tube amps.
There problems will never be gone, seriously think about it, say you by a 6262 for what like half the cost of a peavey 6505 new.
Now some of the money for the 6505 is for it being made in the states and what not, but not even close to all of it.
There im done ranting now I feel so much better, I havent had an anti-bugera rant for awhile

Yes there WAS a huge number of people who have had problems. They have since been FIXED. Not to mention the new infinium range which is on it's way very soon. There's too many elitists on this forum for me to comprehend.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Yes there WAS a huge number of people who have had problems. They have since been FIXED. Not to mention the new infinium range which is on it's way very soon. There's too many elitists on this forum for me to comprehend.

thank you sir....
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by slipknot_420

They will never properly be fixed? I believe the issue causing them to burn out was from a plastic clip, since then they've started to directly solder the connection thus fixing the issue. Expand your knowledge before jumping on the bandwagon.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Go for the Bugera dude you will love it. Me and my lead guitarist both bought the Bugera 333 head a few months ago and it sounds great for the money. I've also played the 6262 and its fairly versitile but the 333xl is the way to go in my opinion. As for the Peavey I wouldnt even compare the two sound wise, and our Bugera's are built like tanks and have had zero problems. I wouldn't worry about that.
-My Gear-

Ltd EC-1000 Cherry Red Finish
Schecter 006 Elite Deluxe w/SD Blk'outs

Epiphone Acoustic Dove

Line6 Pod HD400

Bugera 333 Head

Mesa 2x12 w/v30's

-Youtube Channel-

I'm going to likely buy one next weekend, so continue this debate if you can. It honestly helps, and leads me me doing more research (although I've spent a good amount of time reading about different amps already though haha).
A Bugera is not nor will ever be the real thing. You can't take an amp, cut the price in half, and then sell it. It's not economically possible. Something is missing somewhere, and that something is the internal components and build quality.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It sounded alright when I played it, and I haven't played the valveking but people said it would be good for what I'd like to do.
Quote by Offworld92
A Bugera is not nor will ever be the real thing. You can't take an amp, cut the price in half, and then sell it. It's not economically possible. Something is missing somewhere, and that something is the internal components and build quality.

Honestly Bugeras dont sound as bad as some people would leave you to think. Yet they dont sound as good as other people act like they do.
Quote by Offworld92

And what if there is no build quality problems with the bugera? Surely if it sounds great and works a treat there's no reason to hate?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by guitarpatrick66
Honestly Bugeras dont sound as bad as some people would leave you to think. Yet they dont sound as good as other people act like they do.

I never said they sounded bad. They sound really good, considering their price.

Quote by Adam124
And what if there is no build quality problems with the bugera? Surely if it sounds great and works a treat there's no reason to hate?

But there is. I can look at my 5150 right now knowing that it's over 15 years old. I have confidence that this amp will be perfectly fine in 25 more years. Can you look at a Bugera with a straight face and say the same?

Bugera's are a great value for someone on a budget, but when you buy the real thing, a real MIA amp, you're paying not necessarily for vastly superior sound quality, but for the reassurance that that is a carefully well made amp, that will last for decades to come.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I would say valveking for your style preference. Both of those amps have terrible stock speakers. I would look into some of the blackstar offerings if i were you.
Quote by Offworld92
I never said they sounded bad. They sound really good, considering their price.

But there is. I can look at my 5150 right now knowing that it's over 15 years old. I have confidence that this amp will be perfectly fine in 25 more years. Can you look at a Bugera with a straight face and say the same?

Bugera's are a great value for someone on a budget, but when you buy the real thing, a real MIA amp, you're paying not necessarily for vastly superior sound quality, but for the reassurance that that is a carefully well made amp, that will last for decades to come.

Meh I'd say after the infinium series comes out and it has a good run bugera will give neighbouring companies with similar amps a run for their money. Nothing wrong with a little competetion
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
They're both terrible, for multiple reasons that have nothing to do with the label on the amp.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Offworld92

welcome to retail markup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ghM952BB8
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by a_hub10
The 5150 sounds quite a bit clearer to my ears.

sounds a lot thinner to me. the bugera is still very clear and has that really deep,fat distortion.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED