...that I have no interest in travelling? Looking around on here most people have a plan to save up money and go to some festival or the like. But I'm not that interested really; not saying that I'd never go away ever if I had the chance but I just don't have a desire to.

Is that odd?
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by loose bowels
...that I have no interest in travelling? Looking around on here most people have a plan to save up money and go to some festival or the like. But I'm not that interested really; not saying that I'd never go away ever if I had the chance but I just don't have a desire to.

Is that odd?

No, I'm just like you. But maybe that's because I went on vacation almost every year with my parents, so I just lost interest... I don't know...
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
I'm supposed to leave for Italy in a few hours and i so don't wanna go. I'd rather stay home but it has all been arranged by forces far greater than my own. Figured I'd have a last look at UG before I start preparing and stuff and I see this on the main page.... funny.
I don't think it's odd, but it's hard to put myself in that mindset where I wouldn't want to travel. I want to go backpacking through the world and meet people who are also on their adventure. It sounds so fun to me.
Yeah, I'm with you TS. All of my friends went travelling overseas last year from high school, and I went straight to university. Almost all of them have now asked "Do you regret not travelling before starting your degree?", and almost all of them don't believe me when I say "no".
Check out my Black/Death metal band!
galadh.bandcamp.com

Quote by StewieSwan
I had unprotected sex with an underage, pro-life, christian girl. Beat that.

No its not weird. I mean you may have a different mindset on what "The World" is then most other folks but thats no biggie. "The World" isn't going anywhere and thers no time frame to check it out. Unfortunatly I'm one of the few fellow seniors in my class who actually wants to stay in the area for my degree. (Let alone my state)
Quote by zipmike
I sucked my grandma's dick for a dollar when I was 8.
Yes, you freak.

There's a whole world out there, and you're content in you're own little bubble of a "world". Have some adventure, man
Quote by loose bowels

Is that odd?

I didn't care for it until about three years ago.

Now I'm on a plane almost every week, it's addictive.
I don't really like travelling, I'm fairly introverted and don't like doing new things.

Plus, everytime I DO travel on a family holiday or the like, it's never as good as it's made out to be so I just feel let down and as such, have little to no desire to do it anymore.
I don't consider where I live now to be a 'world' but at the same time the couple of times I've been on holiday it's just like "I'm in a city now, I was in a city before" or the countryside.
OUT OF ORDER
I love traveling because I wouldn't be satisfied with never going anywhere new. But if you're content where you live right now then that's fine. Everyone has different interests and priorities
cat
It could be a good sign, meaning you're absolutely content with your current situation. I just like travelling because you learn a lot from other cultures, and it's mostly great fun, booze and party.
Nah. My best friend's grandparents have never left our county. They're about 75 odd. Literally never left our country.
Traveling isn't my cup of tea. I'll gladly drive a couple hours to get out of the city and go camping for a weekend, but I have zero interest in going to other parts of the world for the moment.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
ITT: North Americans.

On topic, I guess I can understand not wanting to travel, but I moved around a lot as a child, so I pretty much have the travel bug ingrained in my very being. If there's one thing I truly dislike about having been born in America it's that travel is such a bitch. If I were in Europe I could almost make a day-trip of visiting another country. As an American I'd have to take all kinds of vacation and pay out the ass just to travel within my own damn country.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jul 31, 2011,
I'm headed off to Morocco tomorrow. I'm never usually interested in travelling, but I don't dislike it. I only found out about a week or two ago, after Dad booked it, last-minute. I'm a little scared, but at the same time, I know it'll be interesting, and should be fun. Maybe this'll get me more interested in travelling in the future

Summary: If I'm not back by Wednesday 10th, I'm probably lost forever
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538
I'm headed off to Morocco tomorrow. I'm never usually interested in travelling, but I don't dislike it. I only found out about a week or two ago, after Dad booked it, last-minute. I'm a little scared, but at the same time, I know it'll be interesting, and should be fun. Maybe this'll get me more interested in travelling in the future

Summary: If I'm not back by Wednesday 10th, I'm probably lost forever

I've heard Morocco is an amazing vacation. Tell Morocco I said مرحبا.

Also, nice sig. Fantastic album.
Quote by madbasslover
I've heard Morocco is an amazing vacation. Tell Morocco I said مرحبا.

Also, nice sig. Fantastic album.

dude, i didn't know you were arabic

marhaba you fasting today/tomorrow?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I do think it's a little weird.. maybe because I love travelling. I feel it's natural that we (especially males) explore and see thing beyond our back garden.

When I think about never leaving my town, or just heading straight back into education... it depresses and freaks me out a little. Some people are just more home-bound I guess.

Nowadays, it's so incredibly easy to just fly anywhere in the world. You just go to a website, buy your ticket, check in on-line and get on a flight... few hours later you're in a new world. I don't see why not to travel personally, especially with the knowledge you can just hop on a plane home.
Quote by laid-to-waste
dude, i didn't know you were arabic

marhaba you fasting today/tomorrow?

I'm not, my dad's from Mexico and my mom's from Mississippi. I learned Arabic a while back because it seemed like a cool language and a good challenge.

I'd love to visit a Middle Eastern country and pick up a dialect, though. As it stands now I only speak MSA and a handful of dialect words.

EDIT:
Quote by vitchb
I do think it's a little weird.. maybe because I love travelling. I feel it's natural that we (especially males) explore and see thing beyond our back garden.

When I think about never leaving my town, or just heading straight back into education... it depresses and freaks me out a little. Some people are just more home-bound I guess.

Nowadays, it's so incredibly easy to just fly anywhere in the world. You just go to a website, buy your ticket, check in on-line and get on a flight... few hours later you're in a new world. I don't see why not to travel personally, especially with the knowledge you can just hop on a plane home.

It's much harder for North Americans, being that we only have three countries on our continent. Most Americans never get the travel bug the way Europeans seem to because travel for us is typically somewhat difficult and only stable, middle-class families and upper-class can really afford it.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jul 31, 2011,
Quote by madbasslover
I'm not, my dad's from Mexico and my mom's from Mississippi. I learned Arabic a while back because it seemed like a cool language and a good challenge.

I'd love to visit a Middle Eastern country and pick up a dialect, though. As it stands now I only speak MSA and a handful of dialect words.

i would say the biggest challenge is egyptian dialect. syria's dialect is easy to pick up on, but the country's sadly a shitstorm right now.
i wouldn't say weird, but you seem to have the mentality of Americans in small, hickish towns
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by laid-to-waste
i would say the biggest challenge is egyptian dialect. syria's dialect is easy to pick up on, but the country's sadly a shitstorm right now.

I'd like to learn Lebanese. It's fairly similar to Syrian, as they both fall under the umbrella of Levantine dialect. I'm just brown and Arab-looking enough that if I grew my facial hair out and picked up Lebanese I could one day go to Lebanon like I've always wanted without getting captured and beheaded by Hezbollah.

But yeah, fuuuuck Egyptian. That dialect is so hard from what I've seen of it.
Quote by madbasslover
I'd like to learn Lebanese. It's fairly similar to Syrian, as they both fall under the umbrella of Levantine dialect. I'm just brown and Arab-looking enough that if I grew my facial hair out and picked up Lebanese I could one day go to Lebanon like I've always wanted without getting captured and beheaded by Hezbollah.

But yeah, fuuuuck Egyptian. That dialect is so hard from what I've seen of it.

yeah, we're friends with an egyptian family, every time they come over, their parents only speak arabic, so i very kindly smile and nod at what they're saying without understanding 90% of it.

what made you want to learn arabic?
Quote by laid-to-waste
yeah, we're friends with an egyptian family, every time they come over, their parents only speak arabic, so i very kindly smile and nod at what they're saying without understanding 90% of it.

what made you want to learn arabic?

Well, I've always been deeply fascinated by languages. In high school I was the guy who'd talk everyone's ears off about whatever language he was studying in his free time without realizing how badly he was boring them.

The opportunity came up to learn Arabic in a special year long class, and although I'd had no exposure to it and it hadn't previously been on my "OHMYGODIHAVETOLEARNTHIS" list, it seemed like a good challenge for me and a chance that I'd regret passing up if I didn't take it. So I took the class and learned Arabic!
Quote by madbasslover
Well, I've always been deeply fascinated by languages. In high school I was the guy who'd talk everyone's ears off about whatever language he was studying in his free time without realizing how badly he was boring them.

The opportunity came up to learn Arabic in a special year long class, and although I'd had no exposure to it and it hadn't previously been on my "OHMYGODIHAVETOLEARNTHIS" list, it seemed like a good challenge for me and a chance that I'd regret passing up if I didn't take it. So I took the class and learned Arabic!

my 'OHMYGODIHAVETOLEARNTHIS' list is still piling up shit from five years ago

sounds like you have some serious guts. good on you
Quote by laid-to-waste
my 'OHMYGODIHAVETOLEARNTHIS' list is still piling up shit from five years ago

sounds like you have some serious guts. good on you

شكرا، يا أخي
It just means you're content and satisfied. People want to be content and satisfied, so you win.

You do have loose bowels, however.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
You do have loose bowels, however.

If I gad a toilet with wheels I'd be a free man.

But it's weird that people see this as an American state of mind seeing as I'm from the UK.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by loose bowels
If I gad a toilet with wheels I'd be a free man.

But it's weird that people see this as an American state of mind seeing as I'm from the UK.

Perhaps you were born into the wrong culture. Do you like processed sausages and cheeseburgers? How do you feel about fart jokes? Was Bush a good president? What's the first thing you notice about Barack Obama?
Lol. No to processed meat stuff, fart jokes and Bush. I didn't realise I was quite so odd.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by loose bowels

Is that odd?

Until I got into the idea of visiting America, I really didn't care too much about travelling until I learnt that people are much more likely to remember money spent travelling than money spent on anything else. And thinking back on it, I realised I was like that. So I've been acting on that casually. Doesn't have to be going abroad, but going to a festival or seeing a friend in a different city is ace. Next year got a mind on two possible music festivals and the Edinburgh festival. I might not leave the UK, but I'd be spending money on something I'd really enjoy and likely to remember for long periods.

Got my eyes on the States and the Vienna though at the moment. They'll be nice. And I really wouldn't mind going back to Germany. Will never forget my visit to Berlin.

So yeah. Spend money on things you'll remember if you got the money for it. If there's an adventurous opportunity, go for it.
Last edited by Craigo at Jul 31, 2011,