I recently bought a Gibson Les Paul traditional.

The G string sounds a bit buzzy, especially when you play the 13th fret.

Is there a way for fix this?
Raise your action slightly...that should sort your problems out.
It's done with the thumb screws on the bridge. If you are uncertain how, check stickies for guitar setups, I am sure they'll have all the details covered.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor
It's done with the thumb screws on the bridge. If you are uncertain how, check stickies for guitar setups, I am sure they'll have all the details covered.

Do I just turn the screw slightly to the right?
Quote by Privet Tovarish
Do I just turn the screw slightly to the right?

Yeah. It's fairly hard to damage your guitar doing it. Just go slow because if your not careful. You may end up having to pay for it to be setup properly if you knack your action and can't fix it yourself.
Quote by PanamaJack666
Yeah. It's fairly hard to damage your guitar doing it. Just go slow because if your not careful. You may end up having to pay for it to be setup properly if you knack your action and can't fix it yourself.

I might just leave it, it sounds more "steely" than "buzzy". Can you tune up half a step to make the sound go away?
Quote by Shor

No, first check for the real problem. It might be, as it happened to me, that the frets are not leveled properly; and if it's just one string and one fret causing you problems, this is most likely the situation. Inspect the frets carefully while pressing the problematic string and see whether it hits a higher fret when you pluck it (thus causing the buzz). You could either take the guitar to a luthier and ask him to adjust the level of the troublesome frets or mess with it yourself. Personally, I had problems with the higher E and B at the 8th fret. I identified the 9th fret as being the problem and I used a file on it. Now the problem is all gone
I don't have a signature
Quote by dankhus
No, first check for the real problem. It might be, as it happened to me, that the frets are not leveled properly; and if it's just one string and one fret causing you problems, this is most likely the situation. Inspect the frets carefully while pressing the problematic string and see whether it hits a higher fret when you pluck it (thus causing the buzz). You could either take the guitar to a luthier and ask him to adjust the level of the troublesome frets or mess with it yourself. Personally, I had problems with the higher E and B at the 8th fret. I identified the 9th fret as being the problem and I used a file on it. Now the problem is all gone

While I do agree with you sortof...I had this on one of my guitars as well, but then it was just this one particular fret that was giving me trouble.
OP mentions that the G-string in general sounds buzzy. Since it's most buzzy on the 13th, then there might be a slight fret level problem of course...but then the rest of the frets wouldn't necessarily be buzzy just because of that.
Raising the action slightly is a fine solution to this I feel...as long as the action doesn't feel too high of course.
If the problem doesn't go away after trying out the action..yah...take it to someone who knows what they're doing and have them sort out your frets.

Actually...this could very well just be a shaggy G-string as well...checking intonation on it is also advisable, since different string tension might sort it out as well.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor
While I do agree with you sortof...I had this on one of my guitars as well, but then it was just this one particular fret that was giving me trouble.
OP mentions that the G-string in general sounds buzzy. Since it's most buzzy on the 13th, then there might be a slight fret level problem of course...but then the rest of the frets wouldn't necessarily be buzzy just because of that.
Raising the action slightly is a fine solution to this I feel...as long as the action doesn't feel too high of course.
If the problem doesn't go away after trying out the action..yah...take it to someone who knows what they're doing and have them sort out your frets.

Actually...this could very well just be a shaggy G-string as well...checking intonation on it is also advisable, since different string tension might sort it out as well.

I think its just a rubbish G string, I've tuned it up half a step maybe that will help lower the steely sound. Im not going to adjust the height of the bridge yet