Ok so my band recorded our first cd a week ago or so and now were doing the copyrights. We all agreed that we would split it 33,33,33 since there's 3 members in the band before we started to record. The singer now wants to make it so she gets more of a percent then the rest of us since she "thinks" she did more to make the album even though we both wrote the music together and the drummer wrote his own drum parts. I really need help to get her to see we all worked equally as hard to make this album, what should I say to her?
How about this, wait 'til you're actually turning a profit to fight over money.

Or, kick her out. It's extremely early to be bickering over who did what, especially if it was a group effort. For fuck's sake, I wrote every part for an entire album and I'm not claiming more than the rest of my band.
Quote by blake1221
How about this, wait 'til you're actually turning a profit to fight over money.

Or, kick her out. It's extremely early to be bickering over who did what, especially if it was a group effort. For fuck's sake, I wrote every part for an entire album and I'm not claiming more than the rest of my band.

Indeed. Put the profits into a band pot, to help pay for future recordings, transport to gigs, making flyers... that kind of thing.
Don't tell her this, because there's no way to say it and not sound like a dick, but there are thousands of people in every city who can sing, and most anybody who can't, can learn. Singers are replaceable. Musicians less so. So if she's giving you trouble, kick her out and get a new singer.
Don't say all that! It would be mean-spirited and hurtful! Definitely don't say it calmly, while looking her straight in the eye, with a little shrug. Don't say it right after taking a sip of a beverage. Don't say it while the rest of the band sets up for practice like they don't even care that she's being thrown out. Don't turn away immediately after telling her this and start unloading gear like you don't see any more that can be added to the conversation. Don't chuckle while she cries. Don't break into full, loud laughter along with the rest of the band. Don't turn to face her while laughing at her tears. Don't follow her home and keep laughing while breaking stuff in her house. Don't leave driving her car. Don't run over her grandmother with said car.
And for the love of God don't back up.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Indeed. Put the profits into a band pot, to help pay for future recordings, transport to gigs, making flyers... that kind of thing.

Yeah, band bank account's the way to go.
Okay.
I think your singer's a little biatch.
All singer's do is write lyrics and sing.
Damn singers. Get it so easy.

Just leave it at 33%, thats completely fair, if your singer wants more, she's a greedy little biatch.
METAL!
wow dude :/
Tell her that music isn't about money, and that a band is made by three where every1 works and diserves a part of the money that if she can't understand it then she's not a real musician and she's selfish... Well i think that's the best you can do, but your pretty screwd if she doesn't realize that...
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.