I decided to hook my ac15 into my twins speakers just to see. Sounds awesome! Much more bass, and louder cleans. Although not really sure why as the speakers have the same db rating. I think I might be able to use in without being mic'd now. Can this be explained? Is it cleaner because of the ohms? Ac15 output 8ohms, and twin reverb speakers 4ohm I believe.
Well, there's two of them. It's pushing a bigger wall of sound. Look at bass amps, a serious Ampeg rig runs 8x10". 10" drivers to get the attack and eight of them to get the bass. Two 12" speakers will always deliver better bass than one 12" speaker of similar quality.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Well, there's two of them. It's pushing a bigger wall of sound. Look at bass amps, a serious Ampeg rig runs 8x10". 10" drivers to get the attack and eight of them to get the bass. Two 12" speakers will always deliver better bass than one 12" speaker of similar quality.

So more speakers make more sound? Interesting...
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
There is much more to a speaker's sound than it's db efficiency, or wattage rating.
the twin probably has 8 ohm speakers wired to 4 ohm.

the ac has an 8 ohm out going to a 4 ohms speaker load in the twin.

it's not good for the ac15 running it that way.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ true but Eddie used to do all kinds of crazy things including running a Vox into his Plexi in the early days to get the 'brown' sound. True story. I read it on the interwebz.

Of course, he had lots of money to replace components/amps too

Listen to Gregs1020 please

(vox is probably a back up not trying to start a shitstorm)
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 31, 2011,
eddie was a suburban kid from cali.

can't get much more stupid than that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
An ac15 on it's own sounds really good, but now I'm thinking an extension cab with proper ohms would be awesome!
Quote by Cathbard

The bass I can understand. The cleans being louder though...Is it due to the fact that the Jensens are high watt rated for the Twins power?
Well it is possible that some of the distortion you are hearing is speaker breakup. A higher rated speaker takes more power to make it distort.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification